What is the best country for diving???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

First the Netherlands it nice and close to me :D

Next the Red Sea

The Great Lakes and St Lawrence seaway of Canada( and the U.S.) Some of the best fresh water wreck diving in the world. Everything from modern freighters to wooden ships over a 100 years old and they are still intact and look like a ship. Water temps from very cold to caribbean warm.

divezero:
Thanks everyone for your input, there are many places for every type of diver, this really helps us all for planning and looking into our next dive trips, thanks

It depends what kind of diving you like. I see that you've made a comment about the Caymans. You obviously must like reef diving. I've been to the Red Sea, Indian Ocean, Caribbean, Atlantic, and the Pacific. If you are looking at what countries would be more inviting then I would have to say, for me, it would be Australia. I love reef diving, the people were liking North Americans, the music is great. One problem is it takes some bucks to get there. If you are thinking about Islands in the Caribbean then there are plenty of choices. The Caymans of course, then there is Bonaire (ABC) or Turks and Caicos or Coz., Curacao, and St. something (Thomas, John, Croix, Maarten, ect.) There is of course the Florida Keys and Hawaii.

If you like wrecks more, then the choices change.

Micronesia

(Palau)

America has a lot of world class diving. Florida, US territories of Guam, USVI, PR

Hawaii, Channel Islands...

I would have said Australia, since in cancun all the diving operators were a bad expirience, Now that I have found divemotions, I have to say "mexico-cancun". They show me what cancun and sorrounding have really to offer. I did a package with them and we dove Puerto Morelos, Puerto Aventure, 5 Cenote, cozumel and some cancun reefs ... I was absolutly amased, nothing like I saw and expirienced with other diving shops ... Australia is nice defetenally but now Cancun area is the tops for me. My next step will be doing Ice diving, then I will tell you about that ... but diving with eagle rays, sharks, turtles (they even took me to see them laying eggs) ... cenotes! what an expirienced! I was amazed ... nothing like I ever saw before ...
You can find them in www.divemotions.com

:)

amascuba:
where else in the world do you have drift dives in rivers? :)
Lots of places - Uk, New Zealand. Probably most places with rivers !!

divezero:
Name the best country that you have been diving in...best country regarding, sweet dive spots, friendly people, good environment, etc....:
Palau - Big walls, WW2 wrecks, caves & swim-thrus, nice currents, lots of sharks, mantas, and cool small stuff too (ornate ghost pipefish, mandarinfish etc.).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom