Votes: 23 19.8%
  • 80'

Votes: 16 13.8%
  • 100+

Votes: 59 50.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

all4scuba05

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Without getting sick by the way.
The thread on pony bottle has me wondering if someone can easily do an OOA from 120'. One of the divers there apparently can. I guess for some divers there's no need for redundancy when doing an open water dive. So what depth can most of you do it from safely. If you end up sick it doesn't count.

Seems an emergency swimming ascent would be a more like what I'm asking about.

Do you mean an OOA ascent with a buddy or an emergency swimming ascent with no air?

OOA ascent with a buddy can be done from any depth if the divers properly planned their gas for the dive.
Ber :lilbunny:

Doesnt matter if youre on 10 feet or 150 feet if your buddy has air..
Now a controlled swimming ascent, thats a different matter..

you're by yourself with a single tank that won't give you air.

all4scuba05:
you're by yourself with a single tank that won't give you air.
Well, then were talking a controlled swimming emergency ascent and that shouldnt be done from more than 60 feet..

Today class, we are going to see who can get bent the worse...No points for those of you just suffering the niggles.

Interesing question...you have to say any depth, if you out of air you will bolt for sunshine and seaguls...

It can be done from any depth. Air is going to keep expanding on the way up and you need to keep venting it off during the entire trip. There is no magic cut off depth. The problem is dealing with to much air, not the lack of it.

Gary D.

I think he means CESA and you can do one from any recreational depth (130') given that you're not having any deco obligations.

You're right howarde. No deco obligation CESA

I know some have already done it and come out just fine. Want to know what their depth was.

Back
Top Bottom