What is the Dipolder 2, and 3?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JWDive

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I was wondering what the Dipolder 2, and 3 is. All I really know is that they are deep caves... or at least that's what my friend told me.

hey!

i've certainly never been, so i have to point you to search. it has an 'e', though, so if you tried search & didn't get anything, give it another shot with 'diepolder'.

oh ok gotcha... thanks!

Deep caves, extremely beautiful. You can only get in with a guide and with a minimum of Abe Davis/Wakula Bronze status. (100 safe cave dives after full cert).

You really can't talk about these systems without posting the required image taken by Wes Skiles' that most people think about when they see these systems come up. I know several people consider this image one of the most beautiful image of any cave that they've seen.
diepolder-cave-521196-sw.jpg

whooooa...that is lovely. thanks for posting that!

i have new wallpaper now...i displaced the hamster in the violets for this.

Diepolder was the name of the family that owned the property before donating it to the boy scouts. Diepolder 3 is 600' long cave,that is so large that there is a line on each wall,and they join at the back at a depth of 270',but it is 300' to the floor. Diepolder 2 you enter through a crack to 180',and it can get very deep-350' at the pit.

Deep caves, extremely beautiful. You can only get in with a guide and with a minimum of Abe Davis/Wakula Bronze status. (100 safe cave dives after full cert).

Full cave trained only through NSS-CDS or NACD,100 cave dives,trimix cert for hypoxic mixes,a guide,and a FSR membership.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom