What is this for on tank bands?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for all the feedback. I'll probably cut and file down the edges.

Dive safe and dive often.

Those bands as Luis said are for the plastic back plates common up until ten or fifteen or so years ago. Those plates had a center groove (depression or tunnel) to accept a single tank. Funny that these old plates used an adapter (built on to the bands) to adapt doubles to a singles plate and modern back plates use a STA to adapt a single tank to a doubles plate.

Now, curiously, several back plate manufactueres are experimenting with cut down (modern) backplates that look alot like plastic plates used to look except they are metal. N

For any that care, here is a photo showing the same style bands on a plastic backpack.
I got the photo from a vintage dive web site.

Attachments

• 38Tanks bands manifold.jpg
    38Tanks bands manifold.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 37
Quite the job finding that picture Gilldiver!! A picture is worth a 1,000 words. Thanks.

Appreciate your effort. I'm on my way to get the "extra" bands cut off in about 1 hr.

Thanks again.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom