What is up with the weather in Bonaire lately?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Warming yes but so far the resulting instability has been more significant in my eyes.

there from 06-Apr to 12-Apr. We got rain in overnight and early am once or twice. Got rained on Thursday 10-Apr.

I really hate when I get wet when I go diving....:D

I'm hoping for a few clear sunny days at least, as perpetual cloudiness can be depressing, even in the tropics. As others have said, in the tropics the rains come and go, often times not lasting very long or falling mostly at night. So, I'm not too worried. I will be wet much of the time in any case!

Dont sweat it...you've got other things to worry about..like connections and packing,right. If it does rain,it will just be for an few minutes-no biggie!
I think your paranoid cause your from WA...does Spokane get the rain like Seattle?

Im sure the weather will cooperate and you will have a great time!
Im jealous...I want to go back,but nithing on the books yet?

Have fun!

Drew

According to all the long-time Curacao residents I’ve inquired to, it has been an odd winter. March was unusually cloudless but April has been abnormally cloudy. The clouds have not produced much rain (an observation verified by the water level in my cistern) but, IMO, it has hindered the customary post-winter warming trend. We’re barely breaking 80°F here and Bonaire is usually one or two degrees cooler.

However, without a doubt the march of the summertime air temps has begun and bounteous sunshine and warmer water can’t be far behind.

According to all the long-time Curacao residents I’ve inquired to, it has been an odd winter. March was unusually cloudless but April has been abnormally cloudy. The clouds have not produced much rain (an observation verified by the water level in my cistern) but, IMO, it has hindered the customary post-winter warming trend. We’re barely breaking 80°F here and Bonaire is usually one or two degrees cooler.

However, without a doubt the march of the summertime air temps has begun and bounteous sunshine and warmer water can’t be far behind.[/QUOT

Interesting to hear this information from Curacao locals. It sort of confirms what I suspected just watching the weather and reading about the historical patterns. The current forecast is for a change over from a 30% chance of rain to partly cloudy for a while. Maybe this will be the start of a warming/clearing trend. Thanks for the info!

We were there in Dec.(8-22) and it rained. A lot. And hard at times, lots of deep puddles, locals felt it was most unusual. (They must have. One time checking weather stats online at Michael's "Chat 'n Browze" it was showing 107% humidity on the local island weather!) It was certainly much rainier than our previous Dec. stay. However the great thing about Bonaire (among a whole lotta great things) is that the water doesn't run off. The viz was fine and it didn't cool the water temps (a very consistent 81F). The weather will not matter. You'll be on Bonaire soon. // ww

(From Lewiston) I was there last week. It was a little unusually breezy even for Bonaire (or so I was told). We did get a couple of drops of rain on the windshield, but that lasted for about 30 seconds. Sky was a little cloudy for a couple of days but the weather over all was great, even on the semi-cloudy days. I really didn't even notice the weather except my arm hanging out the drivers side window got fried. We did run into a group from Spokane at Karpata one morning.

Well it's not Global Warming! If you look at the weather report for most small islands off of larger land mass the weather in that of the land mass and not the island! It's the same for Islands like Roatan and Cozumel! The weather stations are on the larger land masses not islands typically! If you check on Roatan it will always say 30% or 50% with no rain a t all! The island has to have enough land mass to build thunderheads and create rain! The Best example I can think of would be the island of Utilia right next to Roatan and it is a desert island compared to Roatan because it doesn't have as much land mass! So you're not getting the real weather from the internet when you check Bonaire! So nothing is up!

Back
Top Bottom