What is your Favorite Dive Site in Pensacola-Panama City

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So far definitely the St. Andrews Jetty. Btw, in pier park there is a great offgasing place called Hoffbrau that serves awesome beer and german food. :D

I like the Leroy myself

I agree with Pat. The Chipewa is great. But then I havent been to the Grey ghost yet. When are we going?

The interoz run site posted above is a crock of BS in my mind. Their staff has no knowledge of diving or marine operations as evidenced by their use of Loran TDs for positions and not having a 3rd decimal point. Many of their numbers are nowhere near the actual site either. I am not aware of a single charter that runs to pepper tree reef, nor should they as NMFS uses it for fish studies. Not one of those box cars are where that site says they are, if they even still exist at all. I talked to them a year or so ago and they had no interest in updating their site based on the observations of a local dive boat operator. They did try to get me to pay for a business listing on their site.

The listed artificial reefs on the FWC website is much better as it also lists the source of the location coordinates (GPS or LORAN). Scuba diving sites and GPS destinations: Wrecks, Coral Reefs, Reviews, Trip Charters. - Dive Spots is alright too.

I had a little grape tell me there's possibly some cave tucked away on 3-5s somewhere? Know anything about that? PM if its a secret. I'll leave your fish be, if thats an issue :p

There are several caves in the 3-5s that I know of but most are not passable after 50' of penetration or so. Unlike freshwater caves they also tend to have 100lb-800lb residents that you don't want to obstruct should they be exiting while you are entering.....or debate who is invading the residence of whom. Call me if you want to talk about it out there in more detail. 850-588-8077 shop or 850-624-2084 cell

Any suggestions for beach or shallow water kayak dive sites in the area? Can anyone recommend kayak rentals and dive shops in the area? Do any shops in the area rent 30 or 40 cu/ft tanks?

Avocett Dredge in P'cola is cool

The Southern part of the 3-5s if we are talking open secrets.

The only dives I've done out of PCB were the 3-5's so they win by default...but I think they would likely win against most other options as well :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom