What is your Recommended online US Scuba Shop

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

House of Scuba House of Scuba: local dive shop here in San Diego and great deals on-line.

Hello.
To expedite the return/exchange, it would be faster to contact Atomic directly.
Thank you
Houseofscuba

Item purchased was titanium knife, 20 days old.
I will never shop there again.

In addition to those already mentioned, NESS (North East Scuba Supply) is a very good shop, and they sometimes have had certain items that are not available from DRIS or DiveSeekers, for example I have ordered all my reels and spools there, and I have always been very satisfied with the service, and the quality of the product.

Thats the one I could not remember! Thanks!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

I've personally used Dive Rite In Scuba, Scuba Gear Express, and Visibility Unlimited. I went with them because they had what I needed at good prices and offered reasonable international shipping. They are all fine I think if you don't need your stuff in a hurry. I have the same complaint with all 3 of them though, seems a lot of stuff is out of stock but no indication of that on the websites. The only one that even sent an email to say stuff was either backordered or coming from the distributor/manufacturer is DRIS. The other 2 will let the order sit for weeks with no communication or follow up to let the customer know what's going on. DRIS at least did send one email when the order is placed to indicate that they had to order the item(s) and it would be delayed a little, however I later found out there was one item in my order that was backordered from the manufacturer with no expectation of getting it anytime soon. Rather than communicate that to me and give me the option of selecting another brand/style, they were going to sit on it as well. In that case only my proactive follow ups got an alternative item suggested and shipped.

I'll still order from DRIS again but I sure wish I knew what is in stock and what isn't before I place my order. In many cases on a fairly homogeneous product like my STA for a BPW I'd be happy to select another brand that is in stock rather than wait for the brand I initially was going to choose.

Though I tend to purchase things I want immediately at my LDS, I like to shop deals at DRIS, DGX, Amazon, Ebay, LP, and Wetsuit Warehouse. Links to a few of these can be found on my website where I try to highlight deals.

I'm partial, but I like Scubatoys.com. Not only a great online dealer, but they're my lds too, and they're a really big cool dive shop. And the people are really good.

+1 for ScubaToys.

Unfortunately, I happened to go back last month when I was in NC, and what a change. Some clown, who seemed to be in charge that day, was behind the counter when I came in, apparently arguing on the phone with a customer about a class, essentially telling the person on the other end of the phone everything that the shop was NOT going to do - at least that was my surmise, based on hearing only one side of the conversation. When he finally slammed the phone down (apparently, the customer pissed him off), I asked where the owner was, and was told that the guy was dead - died a couple of months before. I left, and won't be going back.

It looks like no one else will as well. I just heard that the dive shop has closed.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom