What is your Scuba-Mobile?

What vehicle do you drive to your Scuba Activities?

• Pickup Truck (both full size and small)

Votes: 92 27.2%
  • SUV (Explorer, Suburban, Tahoe, etc)

Votes: 90 26.6%
  • Car (2 or 4 door)

Votes: 107 31.7%
  • Motorcycle

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • I just stand by the road in my Wetsuit and hitchike

Votes: 9 2.7%
  • Mini-Van

Votes: 21 6.2%
  • Full Size Van

Votes: 7 2.1%
  • Wagon

Votes: 11 3.3%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I voted for the Wagon (I hope you didn't mean little red wagon:D ). We actually haul our gear in a trailer (picture attached) most of the time, usually tow with a Hyundai wagon, bought that, before we took up diving, trying to save gas on our weekend commute to the boat. Downsized from a Dodge Caravan. We'll be upsizing again soon, probably another van, maybe an SUV. I also own another Caravan as my work vehicle and occasionally use it to tow, especially longer trips (Gilboa), but it takes about an hour to get all my work gear out and seats in.

The trailer has worked out great, can carry up to 8 single tanks and gear for up to 4 divers hanging, as well as a dry box at the front. It's ready to travel at a moments notice So far it's attracted a lot of attention at dive sites (not neccessarily a good thing), with a couple of people offering to buy it or have me build them one (can you say liability?).

Kent

Was a SUV (jeep grand Cherokee), traded it in the an Outback. Love it. a lot of room and a huge cargo mat.

Eric

That really is a sweet trailer though.

Groundhog246 once bubbled...
The trailer has worked out great, can carry up to 8 single tanks and gear for up to 4 divers hanging, as well as a dry box at the front. It's ready to travel at a moments notice So far it's attracted a lot of attention at dive sites (not neccessarily a good thing), with a couple of people offering to buy it or have me build them one (can you say liability?).

Kent

Here's a pic of my PADI wagon. :bonk:

passenger_car.jpg

I voted Car. I have a little 17-year-old Topaz four-door. The interior wasn't great shakes to begin with so everything ends up everywhere. It's only four cylinders, but it's got a trailer ball on it - with which I actually towed a Ford F-150 for a buddy once, the truck's electrical system went down, ...but I digress.

I'm thinking seriously of replacing the vehicle, though. My next one will either be a Ford Ranger-size pickup, or a micro-SUV like the Tracker/Sidekick. I'm sort of partial to the truck, though. In a different life I used to have a F-150 with one of those rubber sprayed-in box liners - what a godsend! You could even chuck rocks in the truck bed without affecting the liner (although you may dent the box bed itself). OK, I abuse my vehicles somewhat.

Groundhog246 once bubbled...
It's ready to travel at a moments notice So far it's attracted a lot of attention at dive sites (not neccessarily a good thing), with a couple of people offering to buy it or have me build them one (can you say liability?).

Sweet trailer... like you said though, maybe not good that it attracts attention, especially if you don't have someone topside to watch it. I wouldn't dream of parking that anywhere in SoCal.

Here's my divemobile:
http://www.linkline.com/personal/rlockyer/tundra

Primary Dive Vehicle is my Girlfriends 98 Black Neon

The backup dive vehicle (because of no room), is a 1990 Eagle Talon AWD Turbo (340 Wheel Horespower) - The Talon

Hopefully we will get a pickup truck next year, because we will have too much gear by then. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom