What kind of hunting can you do while SCUBA diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

Although most of the posts in this thread are on topic, I'd like to remind everyone about the special rules for this forum:
Welcome to the Underwater Hunting Forum, a place to discuss where to hunt, how to hunt, hunting equipment, seafood recipes, tips and techniques, photos, fish tales, and hunting adventures. If you're interested in going into the water and returning with tasty seafood, this is the place for you. We invite you to post hunting trips, get togethers, and tournaments in our "trips and marketplace" forum as well.

It is not the place for folks who are not interested in hunting underwater, or who object to legal underwater hunting, or for those opposed to eating seafood. If you're here to complain about spearfishing or lobstering or any other kind of legal hunting or gathering underwater you've come to the wrong place - take it out to the general forums. In other words, this is a "NO TROLL ZONE".

So please stay on topic. The OP asked what kind of hunting you can do while SCUBA diving, not whether or not underwater hunting should be allowed.

So far as I can determine thee has only been one contest between pole fishermen and spear fishermen

I would suggest that you might want t refer to the competition the late Bill Barada organized between pole fishermen and skin divers (aka Spear fishermen) in 1950s at Catalina Island California - where spearfishing in the US began.

The contest included top fishermen and spearfihsermen of that era, They fished in several area ...heavy kelp, no kelp and sandy bottom.

In all areas the pole fishermen caught move fish by a very huge margin that the spearfihsermen

SDM

So spear as many fish as you can but you will never ever spear as many as the worm drowners's can catch with their wishing sticks....Oh I wish a fish would bite ---and fish, any kind ,any size ...

Enough of my "historical musings....."

According to a super duper PADI instructor with all sorts of expertise I met at the Blue Hole in NM 2 summers ago there was no instruction there fore no diving before PADI - so evidently this event didn't occur sdm

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom