Votes: 17 5.4%
  • Professional (Dive Master or Above) - Back Inflate BC

Votes: 31 9.8%
  • Professional (Dive Master or Above) - Back Plate & Wing

Votes: 48 15.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I use a back inflate and own a jacket. I like them both. I know tons of D.M. and higher that never get out of the quarry. Who cares what they wear ?

When I stared diving a drysuit, I couldn't stand the squeeze factor that a vest style BC had. Also, it made finding and using the suit inflator more difficult. I tried a Transpac and found it to be easy and useful for the diving I do up here.

With a backplate, there is not a lot of stuff obscuring your torso. It is different. C'mon up here to the Great Lakes, you can try out a Transpac or an OMS plate and see for yourself.

And for tech diving, you can tell the difference right away: a vest style BC has way less versatility and usefullness than a harness. You can use different sizes of wings if you need, while with a vest style BC you've only got one size of bladder.

Well, I've never dived in a drysuit. Being a recreational and mostly warm water diver, I see maybe just one or two guys with wings per trip.

after a few dives i went to purchase my first BC and tried out a back inflate and a jacket style. i had only dove with jacket style before and switching to the back inflate was the best decision ive made. i felt no pressure on my ribs when fully inflated at the surface and with the back inflate (weight integrated) i was able to control my buoyancy at depth much easier.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom