What makes a good dive site????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

and they were telling me about going to TRUK on a liveaboard.. saying that TRUK was the best diving around.. Are they a spoiled diver?

I consider any dive I return from to be a good one.. I consider that the feeling of being underwater outweighs the vis the temp the animal life...

In an inland lake-Maceday Lake in Waterford Township. You can get deep in this lake (130 +/- ffw) if you want to. We were only as deep as 100 last nite.

The river would have been really nutty!! I'm not into meeting freighters at nite. I leave that for the really hard core.

The only problem we had was getting our rock solid frozen drysuits off after the dive. Took at least 2 guys and a lot of pulling!

Originally posted by detroit diver
In an inland lake-Maceday Lake in Waterford Township. You can get deep in this lake (130 +/- ffw) if you want to. We were only as deep as 100 last nite.

The river would have been really nutty!! I'm not into meeting freighters at nite. I leave that for the really hard core.

The only problem we had was getting our rock solid frozen drysuits off after the dive. Took at least 2 guys and a lot of pulling!
detroit diver
THAT IS AS NUTTY AS DIVING IN THE RIVER!

It's bad enough the surface weather was BRUTAL (Snow,wind, freezing) where did you get changed at when you got out of the lake. I am desperate for a dive, but I' not that desperate.
However I commend you for your bravery. I think???:eek: :eek:

For me, it's a day of good visability. Cold, who cares so cal is pretty cold all the time, you numb up.... Rough entry, bahhh... 3-5 surf all the time, adds to the fun.... but it's that darn 5-10 visability that starts to suck. Give me even 20 ft of vis and I'm the happiest man in the world

:D

got to have H2O and some what good vis for me.
HEY 10 ft is good enuf ! thats super

We dove yesterday...the water temp was 77 degrees F and we were all complaining about the 25 - 30 foot visability. :wink:

Truly, I'm still pretty new to this (OW just over a month, with 12 dives)...I just want to get under again.:D

We got changed outside, of course! Actually, it wasn't as bad as you might imagine. Once you get a hat on your head to keep your head warm, the drysuit underwear does a good job of keeping the rest of you warm. I kept mine on to drive home, some of the guys changed into jeans.

Bravery? Most of my non-diving friends (and wife) call it stupidity. To me, it's a good excuse to not sit on the couch and watch TV. It keeps my skills tuned. And when I get to dive the warm waters in Florida or the Caribbean, it makes that seem so much better.

Originally posted by Rooster1

detroit diver
THAT IS AS NUTTY AS DIVING IN THE RIVER!

It's bad enough the surface weather was BRUTAL (Snow,wind, freezing) where did you get changed at when you got out of the lake. I am desperate for a dive, but I' not that desperate.
However I commend you for your bravery. I think???:eek: :eek:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom