What Makes Someone a Marine Scientist?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Don't ever call me a marine biologist.

20230212_083613.jpg

This thread reminds me of a story. There were three men discussing the jobs they do. One of the men, a doctor, said he gives order to the nurses and staff, and advises his patients on their options for better health. The second man said he is an executive and the CEO of his own company, and being the top dog, gives orders to all those under him. The third man also claimed he is an executive. When pressed as to what kind of executive and for what company he worked for he said, "Oh, I clean out sewers." The other men laughed and asked for more details. He said, "Well, I go down into the sewer. I pick up the sh*t and hand it to the next guy and he hands it to the guy who throws it on the truck." The other men asked, "How does that make you an executive?", to which the man replied "because I take sh*t from nobody!"

Hey..... all of this was meant to be just in fun because of Oxfords online definition of a scientist. If you don't like it or disagree with it...... then contact Oxford and tell them why they are are wrong...

Hey..... all of this was meant to be just in fun because of Oxfords online definition of a scientist. If you don't like it or disagree with it...... then contact Oxford and tell them why they are are wrong...

If for fun, move to the humor subforum.

Post in the humor section!
Not state it long after the fact.
Oh, I was just kidding... (which is childish)

If for fun, move to the humor subforum.
I have no idea of how to do that...... but if a mod or someone can handle that, then that's the right place for this thread. Or even just delete it altogether since some folks seem to have taken this way too seriously.
Post in the humor section!
Not state it long after the fact.
In post No. 1........you actually thought I was seriously saying that all divers should tell their grand kids that they are marine scientists? Really?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom