What mask do you use?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuba Brad:
Agree with DiverBuoy..........Cressi Big Eyes. Mares also have a wide vision set. For purge I like XS Scuba Fusion Purge mask.

Happy Diving

I'll tell you the problem with the mares design ... look at the temples where the strap connectors are affixed to the mask ... there you will see one of the stupidest modern designs in masks. If the connection breaks there .. your mask will flood, why in the world Mares thought they could get away from decades of conventional wisdom putting the connectors on the frame - only they can answer that. Just plain dumb.

Cressi bigeyes.

had it about 3yrs. have hunted with it down to 100ft (free), no worries. while it;s not the lowest volume mask, the huge feild of view makes up for it.

I love my Mares X-Vision. Best fitting mask with the widest field of view I have ever tried.

I tried a Big Eyes, but it leaked at the sides quite a bit on me. Seemed like a nice mask if it fits you. The X-Vision has a wider field of view, though.

O.K. I'm cheap. I use and love the Genesis SL two window mask, black with black skirt ($19.95 on line). Fairly low profile, fits a fairly wide variety of faces and it is easy to remove the lenses to clean. However, I generally recommend that you try on the mask that you would like to buy first to insure a good fit.

Ocean Master Z2 with prescription lenses.

Humuhumunukunukuapua'a:
I love my Mares X-Vision. Best fitting mask with the widest field of view I have ever tried.

I tried a Big Eyes, but it leaked at the sides quite a bit on me. Seemed like a nice mask if it fits you. The X-Vision has a wider field of view, though.

Yes but look at the sides where the X-Vision strap connectors make contact with the mask skirt and not the lens frame ... then while looking at that design ... think about it for a while and then you'll "get" it. I'm just not sure what goes through designers minds sometimes. Nevermind, yes actually I do - it's called reoccuring business, if they're lucky, divers will return each time they need their masks replaced and stay brand loyal. Then again ignorance can be fixed.

I've had quite a few masks over the years. The ones I have now are a Tusa and a Technisub. From all the masks I've tried these are the only ones that are consistently water-tight with my mustache.

I attached a picture showing me in the Technisub just about to descend for a dive under the ice.

R..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom