What now? Adventure Diver? Advanced? Something else?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Everyone is saying just dive.. I'm only at about 25 dives atm (I'm a poor student with little time atm. But don't worry! One day I'll be a DM!! :eyebrow:) but I found that my AOW was perfect for someone with 15-20 dives. You are comfortable in the water, but need instruction on how to manage buoyancy properly. Experience is great, but if anyone is telling you to just dive dive dive and not worry about training, don't listen to them. They're probably super experienced and thus out of touch with the new diver.
I suggest AOW, because you get PPB and Nav which are your bread and butter, and if your LDS is any good, you can choose the other three areas to explore - i.e. drysuit if its super-cold where you are, or wrecks if you feel so inclined, Deep and nitrox are also really good to have.

BTW I'm so jealous! I simply yearn to visit the Red Sea. Have fun!

Check with your diving centre about diving in Egypt. Most require AOW level for some of the diving sites or a deep speciality. You might find out that you will have to skip some of the dives unless you are AOW. If you want to dive the Thistlegotm you have to be nitrox certified and minimum AOW level.
Other than that... dive, dive and then dive some more :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom