What Now

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Steve Ive seen two placed that still sell the A1u Ebay and B&H. Im thinking of getting one more. Both places are selling them new in the box if anyone looking. Mark

I do recommend you check out Sealux housings. German manufacturer. Their housings are great to use and are nearly indestructible - we've had them drop (ugh..) and tanks fall on them in rough seas (aahh!). Electronic with LANC control for Sony as well as other brands. We've been using them for more than 10 years now. Have used others like Amphibico, Gates etc etc, but none convinced us as much.

B&H shows a $300 rebate also. Still not a cheap camera since even with rebate it is right at $2000, but I really like mine, despite the fact that it is not great in low light conditions (never really been a problem for me yet... and now I'm going to start using video lights to make it even better).

Vic

I did look at the Sony hc 96 a while back, as I quite like the Ocean Images housings.

There have been many threads on this subject of equipment stolen. Rule is if you can't replace it at your destination for a couple bucks carry it on. For me masks, regs, cameras, comps get carried on. Clothes can be replaced cheap. On a dive trip a few tshirts and a couple pair of shorts is all I need.

When buying equipment on line it always good to check resellerratings.com for reviews. I'm glad paulpost had a good experience with Broadwayphoto.com, but from their reviews I'll personally stick with B&H Photo even if I have to pay a bit more...

Vic

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom