What Regs do you use?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I used the Mares Ruby and Abyss for my back gas for several years but have recently switched to the Apeks DS4/xtx50 for the right post and the DS4/xtx40 for the left post. I love them, light weight, easy breathing and the first stage is sealed so there is less corrosion potential.

For my stage/deco bottles I use the US Divers Micra. I had a couple of these regs laying around the houses that I wasn't using for anything so I had one O2 cleaned for the oxygen and the other I use on my 50/50. I like them as the second stage is very small and stows easy. They have worked great for me with no problems at all.

apeks74:
I know there is a reg forum but I want to hear from folks that dive deep with doubles, mixed gas, and stage bottles not folks looking for pretty colors and free octo's.

I need to buy new stage bottles 40 CU. and regs for both. Considering upgrading for my back gas and using my TX50's for stage.

Thanks

If your looking for a reg for your 100% O2 hang just use a piston reg. Easy to maintain and cheap.

I use Apeks ATX 100s for my back gas and I had a spare ScubaMax regulator lying around doing nothing so I got it O2 cleaned and added an Apeks DIN fitting on to it and use that for my O2 bottle. Have had no complaints about any of them so far.

i personally use apeks, poseidon and mares regs. they all served me well so far. there are many other good regs on the market without doubt. the idea should be, what are you comfy with, what do you actually need them to do and to a certain point (some ppl will cry out loud at this) what is in your price range of suitable regs.
but if you had tx50's and your happy with them, stick with them. great reg, affordable and does the job.

techdiver2us:
Thanks for the posts - I must be the only one who still dives Poseidon's.
Nope, I use them too! I have two Jetstreams for my twins and a Jetstream and a Cyclone for my stages. I use Mares for single bottle diving, but don't use them for deep stuff as I prefer the breathe from the Poseidons.

I'm thinking about getting a Scubapro Mk2/DIN 1st stage and a R295 2nd stage for my deco bottle. Has anyone tried this set up? Any thoughts?

Back
Top Bottom