What regulator to use?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Like everyone already said, everyone has a preference. It comes down to service, reliability, comfort, budget, diving conditions... I am a Scubapro fan, but have tried other regs. I still use a 20 year old Mk 2 on a ponysetup... and I could probably run it over with a truck and still have it functional.

I am not a guru on regs, but take a look at a Scubapro Mk 17 with a G250 HP... enviromentally sealed for the cold and sediment you will find in a lot around the east coast... excellent breathing... very reliable and doubt you could get to a point in your dive career where you would outgrow it for a long time.

No experiance mixing and matching 1st and 2nd regs... probably functional, but someone mentioned the service/ warranty issues. If you are buying new, i would avoid it (especially as some manufacturers have longer periods required between services).

I have 2 Aqualung regs that work great. I've also heard good things about Zeagle and DiveRite. :D

I have 3 M1's and they have always performed flawlessly.

I use Scubapro MK25 and G250. It is a really good setup that is super reliable. The G250 has been around for a long time and will continue to be in my opinion. I think that any of the top brands will serve you well... Apex, scubapro, zeagle, atomic, aqualung, etc. good luck on the hunt.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom