What settings are you using for video? (Esp the contour folks out there)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I shoot with gopro,contour roam and an offbrand bullet.

I use 1080 for all the videos. If i know in advance that I will use footage in slow motion, then i shoot in 720 with 60FPS.

As far as the memory, I use 8-16gb. Reason being I switch cards as soon as possible since I never know if the camera housing will get flooded or if I will lose a camera on a wreck. (see second/third sequence on the first video...starts at about 0:50)

Shot with Gopro
[video=youtube_share;u29m8KIJAVw]http://youtu.be/u29m8KIJAVw[/video]

You can see the contour video on this forum (thief caught on camera)

Following up on this, I did some simple tests with my ROAM and just as expected, the magnification effect under water is quite strong, which means that while the fisheye effect in 960p and 720p modes is kinda annoying on land (not as much as with the GoPro though, which is just plain distorting everything), the wider angle over 1080p is quite attractive under water. However, the "blocky" video issue still exists in 960p and 720p modes, which is why I won't use them until this is fixed by Contour. I reported it to them, let's see what they say.

Back
Top Bottom