What size suit do I need?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Humpinit

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I am a short and stocky guy. I am 5'9" 205. I just bought an XL full suit and it is too tight and too long. I cant really afford a custom suit. Can I buy an XXL and hem the legs and arms?

I have been looking at so many suits its not funny. If anyone could post a few companies that have the xxl short or if a vendor could chime in that would be great. When i google search i will mostly get xxl shorties. I also want a camo suit.

camo will be your downfall here. It may be worth calling Mako, but I don't know if they will be able to help you. There are plenty of XXL-Short sizes out there, Pinnacle, Henderson, Waterproof, 4th Element, all make very high quality suits in short sizes, but none to my knowledge make a camo suit.

I agree with Tbone.....a came suit in a short size may be a tall order here. The 2 companies that I know make a camo suit are Mako and Omer as they're most often used in spearfishing.

I am a short and stocky guy. I am 5'9" 205. I just bought an XL full suit and it is too tight and too long. I cant really afford a custom suit. Can I buy an XXL and hem the legs and arms?

I'm almost that tall and 20 lbs more than you. I use the mako XXL suit and it fits pretty well. The suits stretch. It is more important to match the weight than the height and if you are a little short for your weight...having slightly longer sleeves and legs is not an issue at all. Not sure if you bought a mako XL or not, but there can be a big difference in size designations for different brands...There is no way you need a custom suit.

I am the same height and even heavier. I got a XXL 7mm and had the legs hemmed and fitted for $40.00. It is a "custom tailored" suit. The dry cleaners around the corner did it for me. I got the impression from them that this was not the first suit they had worked on. They said, "oh its for under water" and did it.

Thanks Guys. I will probably end up hemming the legs and arms on a camo suit. I really like the looks of the rob allen suit. other option is to find an xxls and just wear a lycra skin over when spearing.

Back
Top Bottom