What to do on your 100th Dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I hear a lot of joking about commemorating milestone dives, usually naked, whats up with that? :D

But the only special thing I've seen done was a diver asking everyone who had made the same dive to sign his logbook.

8 Dives to go! I am going to do a night day dive. In, in the dark with my buddy to our local training beach 14 degree's celcius at the moment so there wont be much to see. Going to have to push through to last 20min. I plan to pose with my 100 dives plaque in the dawn light on exit so as not to scare any early morning beach strollers! Wish me luck will be there in a couple of weeks.

Please let me know when you plan on doing this so I can make sure I am nowhere near Long Beach. A-Frame was around 17C on Sunday, so you might get lucky with the water temperature.

I'll second the suggestion to just have a good dive. My 100th wasn't particularly memorable: I didn't do anything special for it, it was a site I'd dived many times before. But I had a good time, just like I had on the 99 dives before it.

For my 100th dive, I invited all the instructors who had worked with me, as well as the folks who had mentored me, to go diving. The plan was to do a dive, and then all go out to dinner together. Unfortunately, the weather was foul (and if I remember correctly, the visibility was awful) so I think only NWGratefulDiver and I went diving, but a number of us went out to eat. It was Bob's 1200th dive and my 100th, so we had a cake with "1300" on the top of it. It was fun.

My daughter's 100th dive will be soon, I need to plan for something special, looking for ideas.

On my 800th the dive resort gave me a T-shirt with signatures of all those staying there, lots of drawings etc too on it.

It was purely coincidence but #100 was with the instructor who certified me. We had become occasional dive buddies.

As for "what's with the celebratory naked dive" I did that for #500. It's hard to say how often it really happens but I took the bait.

You can have a drink from a drink box using a straw while underwater. That's a kinda cool celebratory thing to do.

Please let me know when you plan on doing this so I can make sure I am nowhere near Long Beach. A-Frame was around 17C on Sunday, so you might get lucky with the water temperature.

I'll second the suggestion to just have a good dive. My 100th wasn't particularly memorable: I didn't do anything special for it, it was a site I'd dived many times before. But I had a good time, just like I had on the 99 dives before it.

Don't Worry I won't involve you in this Tom Foolery. I suppose i could also dive Photographers off the boat! that would not scare to many people.

Like the idea of getting everyone to sign or to go with my certifying instructor who i have subsequently also dived often and cone on to do several other courses with. I know he would be up for it.

Don't Worry I won't involve you in this Tom Foolery. I suppose i could also dive Photographers off the boat! that would not scare to many people.

Like the idea of getting everyone to sign or to go with my certifying instructor who i have subsequently also dived often and cone on to do several other courses with. I know he would be up for it.

Yeah, doing it with your certifying instructor and having everyone sign your logbook sounds like a nice idea to me.

I did my 100th dive to the well deck of the spiegel grove. It was also my tenth ocean dive. My first was also on the grove earlier that same week.

In 1969 when it was determined by some unknown manner that I had done 100 dives, we all went naked. That would have been the summer before HS I think. It was a different time, very innocent, peace and love and all that with a lot of tie die and hippie beads and really long hair thrown in. Then everyone grew up and became fat prudes.

N

Back
Top Bottom