What to do with the Dog when diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

my dogs are trained to hold whatever business they have to do for a full day. I accidentally had to find that out one day when i got stranded. I got home nearly 24 hrs from when I left the dogs, and they didnt have 1 mess anywhere in the house.

Well.............teach him/her to never hold breath, ascend real slow, & watch that d___ pressure guage(I would not buy a computer just yet for it....:)....then you have a trio dive team...OR get to know your vet/friends better......

Our dog is our child. He eats better than the both of us, and yes he is super spoiled. I

By the look of your poochy on your avatar he looks like he just finished a juicy rib steak.:D

My woman and i have the same problem,but are lucky to have a fantastik dog sitter who sometimes has up to 10 poochies so they have freinds to play with but if we loose her i don't know if we could bare leaving them in a kennel.:no

Well, BF's not a diver and stays home to look after the critters when I go on diving only trips. My dogs do ok when we have to board them though, but since mom's a vet they're used to being dragged back and forth to the office. Some dogs get really stressed when boarded, others seem to act like they're going to camp. It really helps if you have to board to find a quality place that interacts and exercises them. I do have someone come in to check on the cats, as well as the horses and cows.

Our Australian Shepard travels with us everywhere. I purchased an F250 crew cab diesel. Four bolts and five minutes and the back seat is out and Buddy has a large kennel. The diesel can run parked for an extended time so air conditioning is no problem. We regularly go to Key Largo and dive with Rainbow Reef. In the past we dove only mornings and let him in the room at Marina del Mar which is pet friendly. We would leave around 8:45 and return by noon. He would come with us to Coconut's and lie under the table while we enjoyed a leisurely lunch. They are pet friendly also. Many times we are able to find the "right" kind of Kennel to leave him for a play day, but we are really picky when it comes to that

my dogs are trained to hold whatever business they have to do for a full day. I accidentally had to find that out one day when i got stranded. I got home nearly 24 hrs from when I left the dogs, and they didnt have 1 mess anywhere in the house.

Forgot to send a Hello from Buddy

I stay at La Quinta inns and they take pets at all of thier locations.
I think they will give you a late checkout on Sundays something like 2 pm if you ask.
If you stay with they often get the members rewards program.
You can get free nights and push for a 3 pm checkout

Attachments

• DSC00929.JPG
    DSC00929.JPG
    152.1 KB · Views: 39
With a diesel ok, but please no one try this with a gas vehicle. I once came upon a scene in Key West with a bunch of police and other people standing around a prostrate dog in the street. The owners had apparently left him in a car with the ac running for an extended time but the car had quit. Fortunately the police smashed the windows to get him out and were getting him cooled down with a garden hose (hopefully before any permanent damage had been done).

Back
Top Bottom