What to use for video light arms?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kramynot2000

Reaction score
I intend to use the cannister light which everyone here helped me build for my old video housing. My lighthead is a D-cell maglite. I found some maglite clips at orchard Supply Hardware that are used to hold a maglite on the wall so I'm gonna use these to hold the head. But I really don't know what to use for the arms. Anyone have any suggestions? I know that Padipro had some pictures up of the housing he made along with some video lights but I can't find them anymore.

Thanks,
Tony

I made a set out of PVC fittings.

During the holiday time off, I was playing around with 1/2" PVC pipe which I think may work. But I like the look of that Loc-line. GRF88 do you have any pics of your setup?

2Dive4fun:
I made a set out of PVC fittings.

So the flat piece in the middle, did you melt that and then flatten it? Also do you have any problems with PVC turning by themselves or do you use some type of set screw?

Attached is a pic of what I came up with although I haven't tested it yet. And yes... that is my workbench... does need a little cleaning I guess....

Here are a couple of photos of the video light using the Loc-Line. That is if I have uploaded the files correctly.

Oops missed one.

I used 1-1/4" PVC fittings and there is no problem with the threads slipping. You have to be careful not to thread the fitting to far in, or they will be to tight to adjust. I put some silicon greese on the threads to help. I used a hot air gun to soften the center pipe and pressed it in the vise. With this size of PVC arm I can cary the camera out of the water by the PVC arm without risk of fracturing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom