What to use to label my equip?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Silver Sharpie is good

I have had better results with a paint pen, including silver for the black items.

That's a great idea!

DuckyDiver:
I put dog tages on the left shoulder of my bc and on the screw of my reg setup. They have my name, addres, and phone numbers and they make my gear easy to spot.

I bought a paint pen set from one of the office supply stores- It had gold and silver markers, which I've never used. The black and white ones have worked great and I don't think that I can ever sell my tanks now. :D For the softer stuff like fins, the paint falls off eventually, but there is enough paint left to identify my fins and it has been about two years now.

Also try fabric marking paint. You can get it in many colors at K-Mart or similar stores.

I bought some brightly colored cable ties and put a coupld different colored ones on my fins. They make them stand out from similar looking fins. I put them on the little bars where the fins have those little gaps.

paint pens or sharpies

I doubt whiteout would last long. It ships off stuff pretty easily.

I use either a black or white paint pen. One or the other will show up on most anything. They're small, easy to carry and cheap.

As others stated it will eventually wear off of things like fins, but it takes awhile and it is easy to re-apply.

Paco:
I bought some brightly colored cable ties and put a coupld different colored ones on my fins. They make them stand out from similar looking fins. I put them on the little bars where the fins have those little gaps.

This is what I do with any gear that the paint pens won't work on...the booties I have did not really have a good place to paint-stick my name...so I put yellow cable ties through the zipper puller thing-a-bob. 99.999999% of the time other boat divers don't steal gear; they just grab what looks like their stuff and only discover later it wasn't theirs. Any distinctive label will minimize this. I DO like the idea of a mess bag to hold your loose gear on a boat in between dives...someone mentioned that on another post.

Jon

thanks for the info guys. I guess Ill just try to snag some sharpies or something from work today. lol
Im more worried about between dives and putting stuff down where everybody can get it confused with their stuff. Plus Im going on my first real boat dive this week, so I figured I would do this before I leave to be safe

I've been using silver sharpies, works great on hard parts but on neoprene it tends to wear off.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom