What to use to label my equip?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fingernail polish in an obvious color works as well. I used bright pink polish on my BC pockets. Sharpies work on the non-black items.

I've had good luck with the sharpies. I keep a silver metallic one in my save a dive kit to refresh any faded initials. I started using them in May, based on a tip I saw on SB, and 35 dives later (both fresh water and salt) they still are very noticeable.

We used ID-MY-GEAR. The stuff sticks to just about any type of surface and material. It was important to us to mark our gear as the three of us have a lot that is the same.

Babukins:
I used this IDmygear paint sold at my local dive shop. :D
IdMyGear - British product, can't find a US source, if anyone has one please let me know.

I have used standard white-out on dark tanks. It is definitely water proof.

Not easy for everyone but I used an ingraver...not my name incase for resell but a symbol where I know where and what it is

I like paint pens. I like to put a consistent design on my gear, rather than my name, because, if I decide to resell the gear later, it doesn't have someone else's name on it for the new owner, and it's still super easy to spot my gear at a distance due to the design. I suppose theoretically I might end up on the same boat as someone with my old gear and have two of the same designs, but I suspect I'll be able to figure it out.

I use plastic electrician’s tape. There’s always a hole to put it through or something hard to stick it to. I often put two sticky sides together to form a permanent tag. For some hard surfaces, I just clean it well and put a flat piece of tape on. The tape comes in several colors so I can use a different color or combination than my regular dive buddy.

Hi,

I'd have to agree with Babukins about the ID my gear paint. We sell and use it from our Dive Center. It comes in a variety of colors and works on neoprene, plastic, etc. Be careful where you put it on your fins. Try to put it on the inside where it won't scrape or rub off.

Tina
Scuba Sciences, Inc.
www.scubasciences.com

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom