What type of fins do use and what do you like about them?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

can_of_worms.jpg

Fins are for sissies.

I am currently using the aqualung slingshots.
They seem to be a really good combination of length and speed for the type of diving I do, which tends to be flag duty for my spear buddies, travel, or just a regular charter dive.

I got them because I was looking for something to keep up with my spear buddies who
have all switched over to the super long free diving fins, but wanted something that I could still travel with.

AquaLung Slingshot Open Heel Fins

Scubapro split fins, with XS spring strap. They are Bullet proof. Had mine for 10yrs, still in great shape. Think I still have a shark tooth stuck in one of them :) Apollo Bio Fins come in close second. Followed be the original turtle or jet fin.

Picasso Carbon Freedive fins. Perfect fit. No straps. Efficient power transfer. Great for long surface swims.

With all the different brands and models of fins available I was curious about how many there actually are.

So with that in mind what type of fins do you regularly use and why do you like them?

DiveR Fins
Hands down the most efficient fins i have ever used for scuba, tech, or free diving. More expensive than most scuba fins, but a much better deal than a cheap scooter :D

I have a pair of Scubapro Jet Sport fins. They have served my well. I am not a huge fan of split fins as they feel much to flexible in the water for my taste.

Back
Top Bottom