What Type of Jelly?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

catherine96821:
Leah...thanks. I need to update that site, but don't know how. I am technically challenged. hey...my sister lives in Greenville, we just returned.

Catherine,

I am sorry to have to inform you that everyone got the ident wrong. The latin name for this critter is peanutbutter'n' (jelly).:wink:

Great photos!:blinking:

joewr

catherine96821:
Leah...thanks. I need to update that site, but don't know how. I am technically challenged. hey...my sister lives in Greenville, we just returned.

The next time you come this way you will have to say hello. It is always nice to meet Scuba Board folks in person. Is your sister's name Cheryl by chance? I have a friend by the name of Cheryl that has a sister in HI. And of course if you want a change from the clear water you are used to diving in, we can hook you up for some cool murky green water at Jocassee!

I will keep checking for updates on your site. I really enjoyed what you have posted so far. You posted some free diver pics a couple of weeks back in a thread that I found fascinating. Just the way you captured that moment, I could almost feel myself there watching in the water column.

Hope you have a great day and thanks again for sharing the pictures.

You can find it at the Diving "Podcast" site, or here at Big Island Divers. I have a few pics on the work website. Enjoy

Just watched it again...you did a nice job with that! hey,--The new National Geographic has Hawaiian worms of the sea in it...check it out critter man.

Looks like a moon jelly to me. Compare it to the ones floating around the marina near your boat: those are moon jellies.

Back
Top Bottom