What was your deepest and...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Deepest dive was at Cayman Brac. Perfect water, 80 degrees at 110'. Did not seem deep until you look up. Most dives are 40-60 feet in salt water. Cayman had crystal clear water and beautiful reefs. Bright sunlight kept the colors visible at that depth. We were following the captain around as he hunted for Lion fish. Also known as shark food.

210' has been my deepest technical dive so far - basically the limit of my normoxic trimix cert.

I've been to 190' in a cave and I don't have any near term plans to go below 210' in a cave either, so for the next year or two I see no need for a hypoxic trimix cert. Frankly for open circuit, the logistics of the dive start to become very large for greatly reduced bottom times once you get much below 200-250 ft, so I just don't see myself doing that on open circuit and that tends to argue against getting a hypoxic trimix cert for OC at any point.

99 feet on my computer. Didn't even pop my triple digit cherry. What was I thinking? Oh yeah.... Nitrox MOD! I don't really care about going deep. I just want to see things or do things!

139 feet in Belize at the Blue Hole while on a live aboard. Only spent a couple of minutes at depth. Just long enough to take a picture. We then did a 3 minute safety stop at 60 feet before we continued our diving above 60 feet.
I'm glad I did it but I would not again. Dark and nothing there to see except the stalagmites. Not one fish.
http://www.rhodesaz.com/Belize/Belize (21).jpg
Belize%20(21)[1].jpg

Now a days I mostly stay above 70 feet. I like to 50-60 foot range. More time to see things!!
But then again, I do a lot of lazy, easy drift diving in Cozumel now a days.

About 130 feet to take a peek into a hideout of a sea creature that was not there. I was surprised how easy it was to sink down, and how there was (almost) no difference in how things looked around me between 130 and 50, that was somewhat frightening...

...91 feet. Local quarry. Saw a platform. And a mirror. and a thermometer that said it was cold. Been down there several times, and it's the same thing this time as last time: nothing. Cold dark water.

1400+ feet in Atlantic Ocean, on air using closed circuit 1 atmosphere system. Bottom time - about 60 days, Deco – none. Couldn’t see much that deep, but I did hear a few whale farts.

Around 140ft from memory, not much to see, did begin to have the realization if something went wrong at this depth I could be in trouble, was a little disconcerting and gave me pause. Now I rarely drop below 98ft. I do very much enjoy hanging over shallow reefs, longer dive times and way more to see. I'm getting old.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom