What was your favorite Christmas present?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I got a really cool Bag Boy Grip lock golf bag to replace the old dog I was using.

Don't know if my golf game will improve but in the words of Fernado...It is better to look good....and you look MAHHVELOUS !

HO HO

seakdivers:
I got some really great things from my family, but the best gift we got was a bit unexpected.
The day before yesterday, my mom called, and said that the LDS owner (and our good friend) had stopped by her house and dropped off a Christmas present.
We recently lost most of our home to a fire, so he didn't know where to drop the gift off at.
When we opened it Christmas morning, we couldn't believe it - two brand new pairs of ScubaPro Twin Jet fins (with springs), two top of the line ScubaPro masks and ScubaPro snorkels!!
It turns out that he had been *secretly* collecting donations from all of our dive buddies, and other dive shop patrons, and they got enough together to get us those things.
We were totally blown away, and very thankful to have such caring & generous friends!

*warm fuzzy feeling*

Awww, that's nice. Divers aren't such a bad bunch after all, it seems.

Sorry to hear 'bout the house fire, though. I hope you were well insured, and will be able to get the material losses covered -- and that you didn't loose too much of sentimental value.

.....in advance, a copy of Bennet & Elliott. I thought that was it, but when the presents were distributed, there was also an Aqualung Legend LX Supreme among. Now, I am just looking for a pool, then some cold open water to try it out. Should be fun :wink:

Santa brought me a new DUI CLX 450 Drysuit. It has all the trimming too. Large Bellows pocket on the right a large zipper pocket on the left, kevlar knee pads, warm neck hood and best of all a Extreme Exposure Halcyon pee valve.

I also got a 18w Sartek HID light with 9ah NIMH battery, a new Oxycheq back plate and harness along with a 70# Oxycheq wing.

This is my best christmas ever.

Voop - Everyone knows that divers are some of the finest people on Earth! :)

We do have insurance, and they have been great - but the whole process has been very trying on many levels.
We did have a very large material loss, but the worst part was the loss of our two cats.
(the attachement is a picture taken of them less than a week before the fire)

CTurtle:
It's a .22 with a 1 5/8"barrel made by North American Arms. Just the right size to carry in my purse.
And no....I'm not an Amazon woman. I've got small hands! :tong:

CTurtle, I did not realize that you were a woman until you mentioned the purse. I was thinking of a small K frame S&W wheel gun when you mentioned that it fit in your hand.

Not many females post about a handgun as a Christmas gift on a scuba forum... that's what threw me.

Keep them in the 10 ring.

MikeC - you like guns?
You would like my Christmas present from a couple of years ago..... a custom built target rifle by Jim Cloward....aged maple stock, jewell trigger, zelenak sights (which can be removed to accomadate the Leupold VariX111 stainless scope if need be).
It's a beautiful gun, and Jim just restored it for me after the fire - I got it back last week, and I cried when I opened the case and saw how amazing it looked!

If you like guns, you'd love mine.
A Springfield 1863 type 2, from the civil war (in firing condition)

I gotta SeaDoo U/W Seascooter (yikes!)
:frown3:
It's goin' back today (what were they thinking)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom