What we don't see down there...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

And that has exactly what to do with the course that you bash?
Atleast if you want to bash courses, attack the standards and not moronic divemasters/instructors..

Hank 49: Some divers like to talk endlessly about their "find" but I always found the topic boring.

You probably wouldn't want to dive with me then. Or spearfish. One of the best things about the whole experience to me, is sharing it with my buddies afterwards over a glass of carrot juice or beer.
It was the same after quail hunting all day with my father. Yep, great memories.

I not only like to talk endlessly about what I see underwater ... I also like to share pictures (mine and other people's) with any non-divers who are interested in what we see down there ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

I not only like to talk endlessly about what I see underwater ... I also like to share pictures (mine and other people's) with any non-divers who are interested in what we see down there ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

+1 I love sharing pictures with non divers. I have a general knowledge of what I can see at our local spots, so I frequently plan predive what I want to look for and Ignore alot of what is around me. I never seem to notice the stone scorpionfish until my buddy points them ou simply because I'm not looking for them.

Slow and easy is definitely the way to go. I recently had an encounter with a tiger snake eel that was out hunting that the other divers blew right past. I lost my buddy for a few seconds but had a great experience, he was sorry he missed it.

You probably wouldn't want to dive with me then. Or spearfish. One of the best things about the whole experience to me, is sharing it with my buddies afterwards over a glass of carrot juice or beer.
It was the same after quail hunting all day with my father. Yep, great memories.
First and last dived with a group of spearfishermen 14 yrs ago.

First and last dived with a group of spearfishermen 14 yrs ago.

It also helps to know species when you're spearfishing. If you shoot the wrong fish, you may end up losing your boat, gear and a big fine.

I wouldn't want to scuba dive with a group (more than 2) of spearos either. We free dive in trained pairs here. One up, one down.

It also helps to know species when you're spearfishing. If you shoot the wrong fish, you may end up losing your boat, gear and a big fine.

I wouldn't want to scuba dive with a group (more than 2) of spearos either. We free dive in trained pairs here. One up, one down.
We just shared the boat. My buddy and I were/are not "hunter" and just kept the distance away from them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom