What werte you guys using at the Portland Quarry?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

all4scuba05

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Was there a couple of weeks ago. Remember seeing divers with something that ressembled the horses used by carpenters but with a flat top large enough to set your gear on it. They were black and could be folded. What's it called and where to get one?

Unfortunately they don't make them any more. I found an acceptable alternative at Home Depot...holds up to 250lbs. If you're interested, I'll look for the manufacturer/model.

all4scuba05:
Was there a couple of weeks ago. Remember seeing divers with something that ressembled the horses used by carpenters but with a flat top large enough to set your gear on it. They were black and could be folded. What's it called and where to get one?

From what I understand Stanley isn't making them any more. I found some at the Home Depot in New Haven a few months ago. If they don't have any left call Scuba Shack. Last time I was there, maybe a week ago, there was a similar black plastic one set up right next to the counter.

crosing:
Is this what your referring to? http://www.epinions.com/content_150600781444

I got one at Home Depot, I don't know if they are still available or not. I found out about them from taking a DIR class with Bob Sherwood.

Yes, that looks like it. Tried finding it at HomeDepot and Lowe's. Never found it. Nearest Sear's Hardware is liquidating and closing. Not there either.

ctmax:
From what I understand Stanley isn't making them any more. I found some at the Home Depot in New Haven a few months ago. If they don't have any left call Scuba Shack. Last time I was there, maybe a week ago, there was a similar black plastic one set up right next to the counter.

Going to call and hopefully it's still there. Anyone know the prices for either one?

all4scuba05:
Going to call and hopefully it's still there. Anyone know the prices for either one?

I didn't look at the price, I have the Stanley. The other ones look like they'll carry more weight, but they didn't look like they would fold up as compact. Plus when I cut the Stanley with a saw, It doesn't ruin the blade :D.

all4scuba05:

HUSKY
Heavy-Duty X-Sawhorse
Model 17181116
Price: $34.97/ea

Home Depot's web site.

Back
Top Bottom