what's in your save-a-dive kit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Duct tape, zip ties, assorted o-rings, 3 different sizes of crescent wrenches, allen wrench set (SAE and Metric), spare bulbs and batteries for flashlights, screw drivers, couple of knives, multi-tool, portable hyperbaric chamber:rofl3:, probably a bunch of other crap I forgot that's in there, and best of all, a cooler with a few cold ones in case there is no chance of saving the dive:wink:

you need to add WD-40 there :eyebrow: As I heard a joke that to fix any problem in your car you need 2 things - duct tape and WD-40. If you need the parts to be moving you use WD-40 if you need them to be together you use the duct tape. That simple, huh ? :)

While there are many good uses for WD-40 it should be kept miles away from most diving equipment. It will disolve rubber and neoprene products. It turns them into a sticky mass of goo.

All of the prior kits and krazy glue- gorilla glue whatever ur preference
I know you must be careful on its uses but its awesome.
fixing torn jackets while hiking or a small rip in your wetsuit in a pinch

krazy glue- hey anyone remember the tv commercial of the guy hanging from his hardhat?!?!

If you can do a DIY battery change on your computer, carry replacement battery(ies) and O-rings.

Stainless split rings
Small needle nose pliers
Cheap small pocket knife (stainless)

All of the above, but also the "Pro Plugs" ear plugs for when hoodless in the tropics.

Back
Top Bottom