What's the current viz like at Lanier?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hey Martin last saturday 30feet was about 5 to 6 feet and temp was 48 not very easy to get in the water. at mask cove have to walk wat out to the right where the keep out boyue is laying on the ground now is the best place. little hike with doubles. and divers cove tennis courts you need to walk way out to the left to get in but you tend to sink as you get 2 steps in past your ankles into the mud. Hope that helps
Tim

No it doesnt help, i wanted to dive, but in only 7mm i doubt thatll happen @ 48*, also dont have hood or gloves, :(

piro, wear your 7mm AND your 3mm. I have a hood you can borrow, might be a bit tight on you. I have some thin gloves as well, might be some help.
btw, I dove 48 deg in 7mm last year. it was fine as long as I stayed shallow. If you've got most of the day to spare there is another option, we could drive a couple of hours and dive with the guys at Clark Hill Lake. I dove there a couple months ago, the vis is much better, there isn't a muddy hike, and believe it or not the water was noticeably warmer! those guys are diving in 7mm suits.

tim, yeah sinking ankle deep in mud in doubles doesn't sound like fun, not in my nice clean new drysuit especially. If I've got to hike it, I think I'll just go get a couple of AL 80s and dive in recreational gear for a change.

Dry suit, when did you getta dry suit?

Thats not diving, thats like going on a tourist submarine to view the underwater :p

Ill have a 5mm and a 2mm, the 3mm dont fit at the moment, all that beer of xmas killed me.

Let me talk to my boss, see if i can work something out today, if not, i have to be at work at 6pm on saturday. So if we got an early start it would be better, Then again though, i dont know where Clark Hill Lake is.

got a drysuit for xmas. 6pm would be no problem. its about 2 hours away, they generally do two dives planning to be in the water at 10am for the first dive we would be back in Duluth area by 4pm

thats cool, now since i still live at home, i just gotta ask the parental units.

Whew! I remember diving Lanier in January last year.... 42* bottom temps, but I managed with my 7mm suit with 3mm vest. Just a suggestion though.... get some good gloves.

Oh, and hey everyone, been awhile since I've been on here.

I need to go diving badly,might have to get a road trip togather and head to florida,either the springs or the gulf. or both:)

hey dawg! where ya been man?

Mark, I'd be up for something in a few weeks. been diving 2 weeks in a row so I need to skip a couple :)

Back
Top Bottom