Whats the difference between...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jbd

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
cave diving and wreck penetration diving from a methods or technique perspective?

While there are many similarities, training in one does not qualify you for the other. Many techniques are interchangable such as running lines and antisilting techniques. OTOH, caves don't rust and eventually collaspe under their own weight. I am not cave certified, but am a wreck instructor. I know enough about cave diving to realize I am not qualified to make a cave dive.

If you really want to know, may I suggest reading
THE LAST DIVE by Bernie Chowdhury
It basically a story about Chris and Chrissy Rousse and their wreck diving adventure on the U-Who, but deals with your very question. And it's a damn good read

Originally posted by jbd
cave diving and wreck penetration diving from a methods or technique perspective?

Read The Last Dive by Vernie Chowdhury. There are lots of passages where cave divers and wreck divers shared the same charter boat, the dialoge between them will certainly answer your question

Originally posted by Bottom Feeder

Read The Last Dive by Vernie Chowdhury. There are lots of passages where cave divers and wreck divers shared the same charter boat, the dialoge between them will certainly answer your question

LOL. Are you saying their was no love between them? LOL

Well certainly some of the conversations between John Reekie & Hank Garvin gave that impression, certainly at the begining of of the Team Doria dives.;-0

Back
Top Bottom