What's the most wonderful thing you've seen on a surface interval?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Either large numbers of dolphins in Yap, or whales in Hawaii. Or possibly the mating leatherback turtles we saw off the north wall of Grand Cayman, since that's got to be a pretty rare sighting.

Then there was the time this woman on a liveaboard had one of those long t-shirts with a picture of a shapely girl in a bikini front and back. Most of the guys on the boat modeled it for pictures while she was still UW, seriously hamming it up. Priceless, and made for by far the most hilarious end-of-week slide show I've seen.

in laguna i often see rich milfs jogging in spandex...wonderful

in laguna i often see rich milfs jogging in spandex...wonderful

If that's all you see, I feel sorry for you.:rofl3:

I always see and hear plenty of Lamborghinis and Ferraris when I'm in Laguna - especially on weekends.

A very large group of spotted dolphins... thought our boat was fun... they were riding out wake, jumping, playing tag... it was amazing...

Reading these reminded me of another great story. We were on a liveaboard in the Channel Islands, and had pulled into the site for our night dive. A bunch of sea lions had cornered some flying fish in the cove, and the fish were leaping everywhere in an attempt to elude them. We had fish flying across the deck, hitting people standing, and jumping all over the divers who had gotten into the water. It was extremely funny, although probably not so much for the fish.

That trip also had one of the most delightful things I've seen on surface interval:
DYFO-attacks-_1.jpg

23 friends, 19 scooters, a terrifying charging station, and way too much fun!

Snorkeled with a pod of 75 dolphins off the coast of Utila. Great fun and got some photos.

:D Surface intervals can be almost as cool as dives! Love the boat full of toys... Now what kind of cameras would you take on a treasure ship like that?

Last edited:
probably the most beautiful thing that I have seen on a surface interval was in Florida and what I saw was a small group of dolphins swimming beside the boat on the way back to shore it was gorgeous.

The most wonderful thing??? Why the smile on the Lovely Young Kat's face, of course :)
But coming in second was probably the Whale Shark sighting off Pensacola a couple summers ago. Tommy (Tom Smedley) and I were agog!
tomrickws.jpg

Rick

Back
Top Bottom