What's the skinny on Honduras?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

crunch35

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I am thinking about going to honduras for about 7 days. I am wondering what the diving is like? How expensive? Crime? i apreciate any useful info thanks..

I am thinking about going to honduras for about 7 days. I am wondering what the diving is like? How expensive? Crime? i apreciate any useful info thanks..

Get to the north side if at all possible(in general the water is alot calmer & better diving sites)---only a few spots worth going to on the south side & you'll dive them thru the north side resorts ie Mary's Place & the Italian's shark dive Cara a Cara ....Check with Bay Island Beach Resort(Bob, Ted, or Cam), Anthony's Key Resort or Inn of Last Resort.......It's a great place to dive...enjoy......

My wife and I have had the pleasure of visiting Honduras 3 times. We've been to CoCoView twice and Deep Blue Utila once. Both resorts are fantastic, as long as you're planning on spending most of your time diving.

Enjoy,

Greg

You need to narrow your request to the mainland - to the bay islands - or to a specific island!

With only one week I would go to Roatan

Get to the north side if at all possible(in general the water is alot calmer & better diving sites)---only a few spots worth going to on the south side & you'll dive them thru the north side resorts ie Mary's Place & the Italian's shark dive Cara a Cara ....Check with Bay Island Beach Resort(Bob, Ted, or Cam), Anthony's Key Resort or Inn of Last Resort.......It's a great place to dive...enjoy......

North side calmer?? Maybe at some times of year. Better diving sites?? Maybe some. None woth going to on the south side?? Hardly.

I agree with lmorin, the south side of Roatan has very good diving.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom