What's the Skinny on Skins?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There are different materials. The very thin ones made of lycra only don't provide any thermal protection as stated above. However, there are a few manufactures that attach fleece/polartec/fuzzy-stuff to the inside of those skins. Those suits give you the thermal protection of very thin neoprene without its positive bouyancy.

The ones I've found are as expensive or more than a high quality 1mm suit but I find them to have a longer usable life. They are not as strechable as some of the Henderson's, so changes in shape/weight will make them useless. I think it's good to have the choice.

Don't know exactly but that's all I've worn for the last 600 or so dives plus ocaasionally a shorty over it for a little warmth....Guess you can see what kind of diving I do...........GEAUX TIGERS..................

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom