What's the weirdest item you've found U/W?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

While on a dive to repair an underwater aerator in a lake in Minnesota (in November !) my partner and I came across an ice chisel stuck in the bottom silt. The rope wrist holdfast had busted and the unlucky ice fisherman lost it through the ice. It was stuck like a spear ! About 2 minutes later (with about 3 feet of visibility I found two five dollar bills, side by side, resting on the bottom. I split the cash with my buddy and gave him the chisel.

Professor, I would be your dive buddy any day!

caymancase, very funny! Thanks for the laughs! Maybe we can get Warhammer to come out here for a photo-shoot!

A 12 inch silver colored electric dildo in Edmonds, Washington. Had to have been put there by another diver, the cord was threaded through a hole in a sunken dry dock and tied off. I left it there, of course, wasn't about to touch it, but wished I had my camera. It wasn't there on subsequent dives to the same spot.

An anchor from a 1700 Russian sailing ship!! Not a sign of anything else from the ship. The anchor was encrusted onto a wall. If I know how to post a photo, I would. ages

No, I kid you not! The old sunken dry dock at the Edmonds Underwater Park in Edmonds, Washington (north of Seattle).
Myself and a buddy were at the far (west) end, just enjoying the dive. The vis was relatively good, about 25-30ft, it was a sunny day. The depth was around 30ft. At one point I stopped and looked up at the sun shining through the surface, and noticed something dangling. I went to inspect it, and couldn't believe my eyes! The cord was run through a small hole in part of the dry dock's protruding ribs and tied off in a granny knot.

Originally posted by DEEP SEA
Greg, you are kidding I hope!

Well, given our disagreement in the "walked both ways uphill" thread, one would never guess I could agree with Greg G....but....I think he is the winner of this one!! I think that would be something I would have to photograph!! Don't blame you for not touching it!! I think I would have choked laughing at the sight!!

I know the Edmonds Underwater Park well. It is a fun place to dive, and the folks of Edmonds deserve a great deal of credit for it. If you don't know anything about it, it is a park created for divers!! Since it is a no-take zone, it is filled with wonderful critters who all have an attitude because they know they are safe!! If you are ever in Washington state, I recommend you dive there....and then go over to the Edmonds Oil Tanker docks....that's a beautiful dive too!

ages

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom