What's the word on Cozumel spots? Blue Angel Resort? Scuba Club Cozumel?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Firebird2XC

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hey all,

I'm planning a trip with some friends in the fall for Cozumel.

At first blush, it looks like Scuba Club Cozumel and Blue Angel Resort both look promising. Anybody have any recent experience with them? Or an other leads that they can share? Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Just got back from 6 days at Scuba Club. DW and I had a great time. Enjoyed the all-diver atmosphere where nobody minds if you hang a towel or wetsuit out on the balcony. We had the all-inclusive package and it all worked well for us. This was our first trip to Cozumel, so cant compare it to any other hotel. Were both over 65 and the boat crews went out of their way to be helpful. They run several boats each day of different sizes and seem to do a good job of keeping groups together. We had the same boat and DM all four dive days. Would definately go again and recommend it to others.

If you do a search on each place you will find a ton of information.
I have friends who love SCC and some who love BA.
They are both excellent resorts.

I've stayed at both and enjoy both, and really don't know which one I'll stay at next time.

IMHO.....

SCC has nicer rooms, BA has better shore diving, SCC is more private, BA has 6-packs mainly, SCC has big boats, SCC is 10 minutes closer to town when walking, enjoyed the food more at BA, might give the edge to SCC on the divemasters, typically good tank fills at both, and BA is normally cheaper.

Phil

I've not gone with either of those operators, so can't say. But, I can highly recommend Dressel Divers at the Iberostar resort. Iberostar is an all inclusive down on the southern end of the island, away from the San Miguel...although a quick cab ride in if you want to do that. The Iberostar is fab...great food for an all inclusive, and top shelf stuff at the bars. Dive shop right on site, just walk down to the end of the dock after breakfast, and are top notch. One of the added bonuses is since they are way south on the island they are very close to most of the better dive sites. Boat rides are so short they actually come back to the resort on surface intervals, so you can jump off the boat, grab a coke, etc.

Blue Angel and SCC are both in great locations for diving. Not only will you be able to dive the southernmost reefs you will be able to dive the areas north which are pretty incredible. The dive site schedules are flexible. For me, that's what would be missing staying in a resort located far south using the onsite op. The schedule is fairly rigid and only to the closest dive sites. SCC is all inclusive which is appealing to many. It has many loyal fans! One of our favorite things with Cozumel is going into town for dinner. The cruise people are gone, it's quiet and there are many great places to eat and enjoy a night out. It's very affordable, we have eaten at ElPique for $10 for 2 and spent $60 at Kinta. There are many choices. Blue Angel has a great restaurant and is not all inclusive so eating out in town is a great option. We always have a car, it's an easy island to drive in...just don't drink and drive.
Whatever you decide, have a great time!

The distinguishing features for me would be that if you go with Scuba Club Cozumel, you are limited to diving with their own company...no knock on the op. With Blue Angel, while they have an excellent op on site, they allow other operations to pick up and drop off their guests at their pier. That, and the all-inclusive thing Judy already referenced above.

Another point that I've read (can't confirm) is that SCC only dives within the park while BA may take you to the northern reefs, IF conditions are good & all the divers are competent.

Both are great. It's impossible to make a bad choice between the two.

I really enjoyed my week at SCC. The bed was like concrete, but other than that, i have no complaints at all. I'd go again, but we aren't visiting any Mexico destinations at this time....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom