What's the word on Cozumel spots? Blue Angel Resort? Scuba Club Cozumel?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I been to Cozumel numerous times over the past 13 years, stayed at several different resorts and used several dive ops, but we are now hooked on SCC. It fits OUR needs... eating and diving, top notched staff and boats with camera tables and heads. If you want fancier, there are some, if you want more rustic, there are some... plenty of choices in Cozumel but all the diving sites are the same. Reefs are fantastic, fishlife is fantastic, you really will love it.

if you want to see lots of photos and videos and trip reports of SCC and Cozumel, check out my website. Also, Jlyle has a website with tons of trip reports and photos, too.

robin

I'm another SCC supporter... It is the only place that I've stayed while in Coz, but in comparison to other places that I've stayed (Roatan,) SCC was hands down the best resort I've been to.

I felt like I was royalty... They took care of every need I could have thought of... The rooms were always clean, food was good and always on time, and the boat crews made life so easy! All I had to do was eat, sleep, dive, and ocassionally venture into town (10 min walk) during the evening to sample some of the other cuisines and restaurants.

I can truthfully say, that I'll never have to look for another place to stay unless SCC closes its doors!!

Firebird, rather that pick between two hotels and two locations, list what you are looking for in a hotel and what you want to do on your trip.

First time in Coz was Scc. 2, 3, 4th time is Blue Angel. We're here right now in fact. :)

The beds at SCC were just unbearable. Could not sleep. The food was bland and overall pretty boring. The dive op was great.

We just preferred the vibe at Blue Angel.

Funny comments about beds. We stayed at 6 different hotels in Cozumel and they all had typical Cozumel style hard beds. I have heard some people go to Chedraui the first day of vacation and buy some of those waffle foam pads to put on beds to make them softer, then leave them there. I guess that would work if you need it. Me and my husband actually like the hard beds, sleep like babies, no issues at all... but then we are go go go, dive dive dive, the whole trip, so we hit the sack around 9pm every night. To each his own.

I totally agree with Robin. We love the king size bed at SCC. If you think those beds are hard...go stay in a hotel in Hong Kong. :)

So, how the heck do you book at SCC?
I've looked all over and don't find where to book.

Please no eyesight jokes. hehe :wink:

Thanks for all the continued feedback, everybody.

As far as the trip plan goes, I'm looking for the following:

* A safe, reputable dive operator that will run quality trips, with guides. Several of our divers are very experienced but I'm not letting the diving be run from inside the group. Keeps my sanity while preserving safety.
* A resort/hotel with a dive shop/operation co-located on property.
* Able to organize and work with a group of 8 to 12.
* Reasonably economical, group rates are a plus.
* Not too remote from the rest of the life on the island. I'm already getting grumbles about the 'isolation' of Cozumel ("Waaaa, I wanna go to Playa...")
* Beds that aren't rock hard. I know this is asking a lot for Mexico, but I'm flexible towards solutions. (Hammock, mattress pad, etc..)

Basically, I'm herding cats with tanks on their backs and trying to get it going. Most are great with whatever, so long as it's not too expensive.

Bang for the buck is definitely a factor.

Basically, I'm herding cats with tanks on their backs and trying to get it going. Most are great with whatever, so long as it's not too expensive.

Bang for the buck is definitely a factor.
Scuba Club Cozumel can be helpful with a group of that size. Alternatively, many dive shops can likely assist you with group bookings packaged with diving. Dive Paradise immediately comes to mind but I'm sure there are others as well that would happy to work out the details with you.

Venom: Checkout the contact us tab on their webpage. There is a 1-800 number that is free from US and Canada to Aqua-Sub Tours. (see below)

Cozumel Scuba Diving at Scuba Club Cozumel Dive Resort and Scuba Cozumel Dive Shop

US Reservation Office
Aqua-Sub Tours
USA & Canada:
1-800-847-5708
or (713) 783-3305
M-F 9:00 a.m. - 5:3 p.m.
(Central time zone)

And when you're there be sure to click on the webcam tab. It is my favourite for watching the boats load up every morning between 8-8:15am; their time.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom