What's the word on Cozumel spots? Blue Angel Resort? Scuba Club Cozumel?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

... when you're [on SCC's website] be sure to click on the webcam tab. It is my favourite for watching the boats load up every morning between 8-8:15am; their time.
But, unfortunately, the webcam depends on the Java plugin to be viewable.

Hello Firebird,

I don't have a lot to add as most of my input would be subjective anyway. I have stayed at both places; I liked SCC but loved BA and so did the non diving wife and one non diving kid.

I give the advantages to BA in the following categories.
Great lobby at BA-none at SCC.
Pool nicer at BA.
Food at BA is MUCH better; additionally, I do not like the cafeteria style of dining at SCC for most meals.
The hotel and restaurant staff at both were friendly, but more so at BA.
The onsite dive shops were about equal in service and performance, but again friendlier at BA.
The backyard diving at BA around the stingray pit was better than the backyard diving at SCC.
Dive boats, DM, and boat crew also equal, but just a bit friendlier with BA.

Now, having touched on the friendly rating, I have to admit I hardly speak any Spanish at all, so that could be part of the issue. I do try not to be an ugly American though. The room I had at BA was nicer than the room I had at SCC, but others in my group had much nicer/newer rooms than me at SCC. I did not notice the hard bed or noise at either place. There was a TV in my room at BA none at SCC. No phone in room at SCC-I don't remember if there was at BA. BA has a free Magic Jack phone at the desk to the US or Canada....don't know about SCC.

OK, now for the advantages to assign to SCC.
Ten minute walk closer to town than BA, but also closer by the same amount to the supermarket.
It also puts it in a closer in the taxi/shuttle zone; therefore less expensive to/from town and the airport.
Dive boats at SCC can definitely handle a group your size. I don't know that BA can without splitting your group up. Their big boat is usually used for the cattle call coming over from Playa or the cruise boats. Again, my answer is I don't know, best to call and find out or better yet, someone who knows can chime in.

I do realize someone else may stay at both places and come up with the opposite findings, and I would not be surprised nor insulted. Dive Ops, dinning, and staff, are very subjective and each can carry more or less weight depending on the person.

Bottom line is you won't go wrong with either place. Good luck on your trip and please post your findings.

c

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom