What's to do in Cabo in June?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chebel

Registered
Reaction score
My wife and I are heading down to Cabo for a long weekend in June. I've never been so I have no idea what there is to do there diving-wise this time of year. I'd like to set up a day-trip for at least one of the days I'm there. Specifically, I'm looking for any kind of unique experiences they might have available. I've seen coral reefs so with only a few days, I don't want to just look at a few pretty colored fish if you know what I mean. My preference would be some kind of big animal adventure. Scuba or snorkel is fine with me. Anyone done anything special down there? Any shark diving available? If so, is it seasonal?

The Cabo Wabo Cantina is there supposed to be a happening club.
Sammy Hagar (Van Halen) is a part owner and is said to spend time at the club.
Also the Hard Rock Cafe is in town.
There is lots of shopping, golf and tennis.
If you don't take a least a few dives there then what was the point?
I stopped there while on a cruise last April and will be there for a week this May

Diving & Snorkeling
The area is teeming with undersea life. Underwater visibility can reach 120 feet at times. Water temperatures can soar into the low 80's in summer and the 70's at other times of the year. Several shipwrecks, caves and canyon dives are available. Two of the most popular dives include Cabo Pulmo and Sand Falls. The National Marine Reserve of Cabo Pulmo in the East Cape offers shallow water dives with colorful fish on a live coral reef (the only one found on North America's west coast). Just off the tip of Land's End in Cabo San Lucas, you'll find the undersea Sand Falls, discovered by Jacques Costeau,. A cascading fall of sand forms a unique spectacle on this wall dropping 1,200 feet. This 90 foot deep water dive offers a glimpse of some of the tropical sand larger fish.

There are many small coves and beaches for snorkeling including beautiful Santa Maria Bay, Playa Palmilla, Chileno Bay, and famous Playa del Amor (Lover's Beach) at Land's end.

We used to visit Cabo frequently, but its been about 7 years now. For no holds barred partying, try Squid Roe, really good seafood Mocambo Marriscabo, a great romantic meal Casa Rapheal. The golf courses are superb (run you about $250 a round) and Cabo is the marlin capital of the world. Take the water taxi out to Lover's beach and there are plenty of sunset cruises with varying degrees of partying. The Bisbee's shop, across the street from the main entrance to Cabo Wabo, has some very good shirts. Cabo is all about golf, fishing and partying with very good restaurants added in.

One thing to avoid like the plague are the timeshare bandits. Modern piracy at it finest. If it starts with "Tourist Information", "Book Your Tours Here", and countless other variations, it probably timeshare. Even if they don't get your money, they will steal your vacation time.

Here is the best site that I have found for the area Cabo San Lucas - Los Cabos, Mexico. The vouchers are a great deal if you can plan ahead and know what you are looking for. If you eat at Casa Raphael, get about $120 in vouchers for your meal and be sure to try the lobster in black bean sauce, almost worth the trip by it self.

You might try emailing Kevin at Amigos Del Mar dive shop for information about Gordo Banks. Gordo Banks is a seamount way out in the ocean that is supposed to have schooling sharks at the right time of year. have fun.

Diving is good at the local spots.sand falls ,Neptunes Finger,The walls.Best time to Dive cabo Pulmo or Gordo Banks is July to Dec.I dive with Baja Dive 40 foot boat with full hard top good gear and PADI pros on every Dive. Home

I just got back from Cabo on Saturday. I went with Manta Diving. They seemed like a pretty good shop, I just did 2 boat dives at the North Wall and Pelican's rock. It was on the Mantita which is a small Panga, but it worked fine for what I needed. If I had more time and money I would have done the day trip to Cabo Pulmo. The vis where I was at was probably 25-30 ft and a bit murky but still light years better than what I get in Seattle. If you're interested, their website is Manta SCUBA Diving, Cabo San Lucas, Sea of Cortez They have an e-mail link on there and they were pretty good at getting back to me with my questions. Hope you have as much fun down there as I did!

Just my $.02

My girlfriend and I spent a week in Cabo last month. If you are pressed for time and only want to do one day of diving I would ask the dive operator to take you to Lands End. It's alot of fun diving with the sea lions through the surge created by the currents through the channel between lands end and sea lion rocks. Once your through the surge there is a small shipwreck on the south side that hosts eels, rays, and tons of fish.

Another vote for Amigos Del Mar. They are a great operation.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom