What's your Fav Cave Diving place?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

For me Ginnie has soo much to offer. There is high flow, low flow, distance, wide and very low and silty. There are also a tremendous amount of fossils and other things to look at. I dive there most often as I have 'not seen it all yet'

In terms of beauty, I found Telford to be one of the most fascinating systems with the high vertical fissures.

McIntyre,Pineland Blue,Stephens,Indian,Hart,Sweet water,Cannonball,Lineater....

Falls Cave, by far.

cool it looks like there is a lot of good caves I need to start exploring after my Cavern/intro to cave class in 2 weeks at Ginnie springs... can anyone reccomend any cool rooms or passages to check out at the Devils ear? and I was looking at a map of the Eye/Ear and it looks like the eye connects to the ear is that true? if so how far of a penatration is it?

cool it looks like there is a lot of good caves I need to start exploring after my Cavern/intro to cave class in 2 weeks at Ginnie springs... can anyone reccomend any cool rooms or passages to check out at the Devils ear? and I was looking at a map of the Eye/Ear and it looks like the eye connects to the ear is that true? if so how far of a penatration is it?
Basic/Intro will not allow you to wander off from the mainline. I took a second and highlighted the "Gold Line" or "Main Line" which will be the only area you're allowed to go in as Basic so you'll have an idea of what you can see.
http://jamesg.net/misc_stuff/message_boards/all_boards/08_nov/devils_mainline.jpg

Realistically, you might not make it the first 300ft of Ginnie for your first few cave dives.....especially since you'll be new at running a reel. With a little practice, you should be able to get to the maple leaf (near the very center of the map I posted, around p900) if you dive Ginnie frequently. This is far beyond my comfort level on a single tank with just an H valve (actually, any overhead beyond cavern is), but that's something you'll have to think about if you're not taking the class in doubles. Also, if you're not comfortable running a reel for a long ways, the catacombs make a great place to practice, and it's kind of neat to be able to "explore" rather than just follow line.

To answer your question, the ear and eye are connected, and it's only about 100-200ft I believe. Several people go in the Ear, and out the Eye, because the Eye is easier to deco/minimum deco in (not as much flow, especially for the 30ft stop).

If you seek further training in apprentice and/or full cave, my favorite areas so far have been Double Domes and the White Room. Many people say they hate the wonder tunnel, but I really enjoyed it. Some love lips bypass, and I didn't care for it all that much. I've got a Ginnie map that I just highlight where I've been, and every time I'm going, I try to take the route that I'll be able to see the most new cave.

Indian,Hart
These two, along with Rose Sink, are the 3 caves that I hope to someday have the experience to dive. I've been drooling over Indian since I saw that WKPP national geographic video, and Hart/Rose since I saw Jill H's photos of those systems. Buford Springs' cavern was simply stunning, and Indian appears to take that kind of "huge" to a whole new level.

Last edited:
Little River, Madison Blue, Peacock, Ginnie, Jackson Blue, and Cow are all incredible.
However, my last dive to Telford has really been beckoning me back to explore more of that wonderland!

cool thanks... I am most likely going to be takeing the apprentice/full cave course shortly after the intro, I could of done the zero-hero with the cavern-full cave combo but I don't belive in it I think one should pratice and earn/ learn it better instead of going from 0 knowlage to full cave but I am sure there's people who would completly disagree, anyway I will be sure to check out the maple leaf.

These two, along with Rose Sink, are the 3 caves that I hope to someday have the experience to dive. I've been drooling over Indian since I saw that WKPP national geographic video, and Hart/Rose since I saw Jill H's photos of those systems. Buford Springs' cavern was simply stunning, and Indian appears to take that kind of "huge" to a whole new level.

Downstream Indian will blow your socks off on how big it is. If you desire to do Indian or Hart,let me know when you have 100 cave dives (Abe Davis,Wakulla Bronze),because I guide there.

Rose is unique in that it is a swallet,so the system is a syphon,so viz never really gets very good. Rose is not available for recreational diving,but only science research-which I do.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom