When is it appropriate to take AOW Classes?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I also believe that AOW right after OW is not the best course of action. I see some people doing pretty well, but also people who have a really hard time. I wouldn't go so far as to say do 20 more dives, but you should at least be pretty good in terms of buoyancy control before doing AOW. If you can do a few easy dives before your AOW focusing on buoyancy, you should be fine. If you are not able to get any dives in, then some practice in the pool goes a long way.

What's the hurry???Personally I had 40-45 dives in before I decided to take my aow.Take your time ,learn the basics well,absorb as much knowledge as you can,and when you feel comfortable with your skills--go for it!!! I think you will be glad you did. ENJOY YOURSELF!!!

ASTA--

SCUBA STEVE:mean:

scubasteve27 once bubbled...
What's the hurry???Personally I had 40-45 dives in before I decided to take my aow.Take your time ,learn the basics well,absorb as much knowledge as you can,and when you feel comfortable with your skills--go for it!!! I think you will be glad you did. ENJOY YOURSELF!!!

ASTA--

SCUBA STEVE:mean:

Normally I'm not in a hurry for much of anything, but as for the AOW class one reason I'm wanting to jump into it is to later do the Photography Class and a few others, so I figured why wait...

Either way I know it's going to be a while before I do continue with the AOW as it's starting to get cold and there aren't any classes scheduled right now, but I am on a waiting list. So I'll just pratice as much as I can and do some pool work this winter to keep up with my skills... then the end of Jan I plan on joining a group from the board on a singles trip to Cozumel so I'll get my first ocean dives in there... :D

D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom