Where Are Your Arms When You Dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416178201.494439.jpg

Light head in my left hand, right hand used for balance, other tools as necessary. (Couldn't resist the Superman analogy)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What arm positions do you all prefer in the water?

Usually like this...
Carib_112113_033.jpg

But sometimes not...

TandCShark1.jpg

All over the place... Holding light... Checking gauges.. Looking at compass.. Prying artifacts off... Putting a line / lift bag on.. I have things to do down there... Oh.. And I also use my hand to fan the silt from stuff on the bottom...

Jim...

I keep my hands out in front 90% of the time. On a longer dive, I may tuck one thumb into my waist belt.

I'm the lower diver and the wife is above, since she like to stay shallow(er).

IMG_2367.jpg

What arm positions do you all prefer in the water?

wicked current, usually holding on for dear life waiting on the surge to relax...kick kick kick.

long arse distance to cover, relaxed with arms folded...focus on not cramping

preferred position...holding onto my scooter

wreck diving...shooting a beam with my goodman grip, 1300 lumens of blinding light muh ha ha ha

snapping pics, two hands...dont scratch the glass on the dome port

sharkey dive....keep em close

The obvious answer to this question is that I take them with me on every dive. Where I PLACE them during a dive is clasped across my abdomen, holding my camera if I have it or if not carrying a camera, holding a light if I have it, or if not carrying anything, crossed across my chest. I may use an arm to turn, or point at something, or tap a tank to get attention, but they for the most part are just along for the ride.
DivemasterDennis

Left arm extended with my light on my hand and the right is resting on my right tank like I'm sitting in a recliner :wink:

If I don't have a camera with me I probably have a bag of tools to use to pry off any artifacts I find just like Oldschoolto.:D

Back
Top Bottom