Where can I dive in Indonesia in January?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes, you can. I dove at Nusa Lembongan this Mid December. It might not the best time to see the Mola-mola (Sunfish) in the December, but a few days before I arrived Nusa Lembongan there was a sighting of the Mola-mola, several dive center posted the picture on their Facebook Account. So I was hoping to see, but I was out of luck. The Mantas are there year around.

I stayed at Nusa Lembongan from Friday afternoon till Sunday morning, enough for 1 day dive. I had to squeezed in my diving plan while on business trip to bali. I am planning to return this August/September. I highly recommend you stay at Nusa Lembongan, the food are great and they are cheap. I went with WorldDiving and happy with their service. Another Dive operator that are also good is Big Fish. While you are in Bali, I suggest you go Diving at Tulamben too. I suggest you go to Tulamben first, then go to Nusa Lembongan. Tulamben is around 3 to 4 hours drive from the airport from Denpasar. You can ask the Dive center in Tulamben to pick you up. Stay 2 days in Tulamben for diving.

From Tulamben, spend a few days in Bali for local tour and sight seeing. Then go to Nusa Lembongan. You can take the fast speedboat to Nusa Lembongan from Sanur Beach. I used ScootFast boat, it took 30minute to cross to Nusa Lembongan Island compare to 1 hour by traditional boat. I ask WorldDiving to arrange it for me. Hotel Pick-up, drop-off for return ticket cost 450K Rupiah, around 45 Dollar. Stay a few days in Nusa Lembongan. Then you can take the fast speedboat from Lembongan to Gili Trawangan in Lombok. Spend a few days and explore the 3 Gilis in Lombok. From Gili you can purchase a trip or Live aboard to Komodo Island. From Komodo go back to Lombok and back to Jakarta for your international Flight. I am sure you will be happy with this itinerary.

Indonesia has many beautiful dive sites, maybe next trip you can do Wakatobi and other Dives Site in Sulawasi then go to Raja Ampat in Irian Jaya province (West Papua).

I've done Komodo, Lembeh, Bunaken, Bali, and Pula Weh in Jan. All are fine. By rain they mean it rains for an hour or two heavily. That's it. Go have fun. Pula Weh is actually the best during that period.

Hi Eugeni,

Just info, that if you want to go diving in Indonesia in January, we can suggest you to go to the south of komodo, since november to january is the best time diving there. And if you are interested we can arrange it for you. Contact Us - dewi[at]go-komododiving.com or visit our site: Komodo Diving - http://www.go-komododiving.com

Hi Eugeni,
I'm in bali now and within the last 3 weeks we're having most rainy days. Regarding your Komodo isiue, as a solo diver I've arranged a budget liveaboard at Komodo for a period January 23rd to 28th. If you are still coming to Bali and interested in taht trip you can contact. Also I'm going to dive at Menjangan and Pemuteran on 14t and 15th.
Good luck and best fishes...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom