Where did I go with my force fins?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The visibility was less than desirable, but any diving is ......... well you know the rest.
Understatement of the year...the visibility was less than desirable! Thanks Blair for a great trip to the back yard. May the Force be with you! (That's the tech geek in me coming out :) )

On my move to Florida I only brought my Tan Delta's, Flying Force and the SD-1 Military.
I might have to get more!

How many force fins do you hide under your mattress?:wink:

*********​

SamHiking.jpg

The ForceFins are there but you cannot see them, or can you?
Saltwater State Park on a nice spring day when the water seems to be a mile away!

FFinsSam.jpg

Posing for a picture before surface swimming to one of the many buoys at Edmonds Underwater Park.

FFinsBetty.jpg

Off I go half way to the buoy.

What happened underwater? The visibility was so bad that with our little camera and no strobe lights it would have been impossible to get something to look at a part from a mess of blooming algae.

Happy safe diving

Last edited:
Also known as Driftwood Beach Park. We had a nice drift dive down the beach toward Keystone, at about 50ft. A male ratfish drifted along with us for a while, and I saw a feature I never knew they had; some kind of retractable appendage on his forehead. I tried to look it up, but not much info about it so far. It kind of reminded me of the refueling tubes on the local military jets around here, only it tilted down into a recess, so it practically disappeared. Neat!

After the dive, just relaxing in the sunshine!

Green_Fins.jpg

Who is that @@@$$$****???!!!!!####^^^%%%!!! of a diver who has left the milk-crater-dive-gear-box out in the open deck for everybody else to trip on?

FFinsOnBoard.jpg

The last glimpse of Tahoma (Mt. Rainier) before descending to the Maury Island Barges. MAN! What a wonderful warm day! :)(The plankton liked it too!):depressed:

FFinsMIBarges.jpg

bpmpisco_smurf.jpg

This is the morning of day two off of the backside of Anacapa Island where we gathered data from numerous sites located off of Santa Cruz and Anacapa. I was free diving for science with PISCO with my Excellerating Force Fins. Thank you PISCO and thank you Force Fins for all your support it was a great trip!

bpmpisco_smurf.jpg

This is the morning of day two off of the backside of Anacapa Island where we gathered data from numerous sites located off of Santa Cruz and Anacapa. I was free diving for science with PISCO with my Excellerating Force Fins. Thank you PISCO and thank you Force Fins for all your support it was a great trip!

What are you holding? A net for collecting plankton?

Cheers

It is used it to cover the recruitment device that is attached to a mooring line that PISCO uses to gather data in the local area. I use the net to surround the device then I detach the device and bring it back to the boat. The net keeps all the critters inside it until I bring it back to the boat, open the net, spray salt water on the device and count record the data.

I own about 10 pair and do have a green pair of tan deltas as well.
No more cold for me!
If I squint Blair's fins look like they have a Bungee.

What are you holding? A net for collecting plankton?

Cheers

I thought I would give you some photos.
It is used it to cover the recruitment device
smurfs2.jpg

that is attached to a mooring line that PISCO uses to gather data in the local area. I use the net to surround the device then I detach the device and bring it back to the boat. The net keeps all the critters inside it until I bring it back to the boat,
smurf%20rinse2.jpg

open the net, spray salt water on the device and count record the data.
data.jpg

piscoex.jpg

Uncleavi those fins are with a bungie. I use the Excellerating Force Fin Tan Delta XXL with a comfort insert and the whiskers form the Force Wing acessoires line. I have a 10.5 foot and I use a Deep Sea 5mm side zip boot with my wet suit and with the comfort instep I can take it out if I use a drysuit with a bigger boot and it makes the foot pocket a bigger size with out the instep. I use one pair of fins for all differnt sizes of the differnt boots I wear by simply sizing my fins up to the biggest foot pocket I will ever use and using comfort insteps to decrease the size of the foot pocket in needed.

Back
Top Bottom