Where did I go with my force fins?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

today... day 3 of sitting at the 22' for 6+ hours videotaping human powered submarines at the bottom of a tow tank. I have been bouncing back and forth between my Green Flying Force and my Excellerators w/batwings. They have been getting lots of attention and questions, most have been answered by me swimming along side the subs at 3-4 knots clocked speeds for 30+ meters (the camera cord limits my speed and travel distance). We have some subs doing well over that, its a really interesting event, I hope to bring some photos in the next couple of days, more info on the event can be found here

Thanks for the post. Your dive log was a great read. I look forward to hearing about you mastering diving dry and reading more dive logs! Take care and dive safe!

Thanks Blair! You are welcome!

I am glad that I am somewhat entertaining considering that English is not my first language.:D

today... day 3 of sitting at the 22' for 6+ hours videotaping human powered submarines at the bottom of a tow tank. I have been bouncing back and forth between my Green Flying Force and my Excellerators w/batwings. They have been getting lots of attention and questions, most have been answered by me swimming along side the subs at 3-4 knots clocked speeds for 30+ meters (the camera cord limits my speed and travel distance). We have some subs doing well over that, its a really interesting event, I hope to bring some photos in the next couple of days, more info on the event can be found here

The first time that I saw one of those submarines was in Edinburgh. Was there a Scottish team by chance?

cheers

What a nice thread ... I hadn't seen it until now.

Here's a photo of Soakedlontra on the same dive as in the original post ... she's come a loooong way since then.

Betty.jpg

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

What a nice thread ... I hadn't seen it until now.

Here's a photo of Soakedlontra on the same dive as in the original post ... she's come a loooong way since then.

Betty.jpg

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Thanks Bob for the great picture and the positive comments!

Last Saturday I took the Force Fins into a pool whose bottom was dotted with sunken spiders and other bugs. It was a Women Divers gathering. A female instructor gave an informal introduction to dry suit diving. I was with another female diver who has never dived in cold water (and for the first time I saw it with my naked eyes a diver who does not know how to undo scuba equipment!:shocked2:).

Anyway the instructor wanted to see how we kicked underwater so we took turns to swim to the deep end of the pool. I swam with a frog kick and the instructor remarked: "Good kicking! I have never seen somebody doing a frog kick with Force Fins!" . I was rather surprised and I thought "What's wrong with Force Fins? To me they are fins like any other!!??:confused:".

Later on I asked her about back kicking and she demonstrated very nicely how to do it...but Man! when I tried I was propelling myself forward and downward rather than straight and backward! I could not remember how she moved her legs. I think I need to see some pictures or a video or something to memorize the movements and then imitate them in a pool until I get them right. Once again she thought that it may have not be possible to kick backward with Force Fins!!??:confused: and I told her that my regular buddy does it all the time!:D

Once again a great read!! Bob are sitting here just looking at the great photos. We decided to make it our desktop image. Thanks again. I am now asking them to let me leave headquarters and go get wet for a quick shore dive! Thanks for the inspiration.

Later on I asked her about back kicking and she demonstrated very nicely how to do it...but Man! when I tried I was propelling myself forward and downward rather than straight and backward! I could not remember how she moved her legs. I think I need to see some pictures or a video or something to memorize the movements and then imitate them in a pool until I get them right. Once again she thought that it may have not be possible to kick backward with Force Fins!!??:confused: and I told her that my regular buddy does it all the time!:D

You should be able to back kick in your fins just fine ... if you can frog kick 'em, you can back kick 'em (it's just a reverse process).

Takes a bit of practice to get used to (we can practice together if you like) ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

You should be able to back kick in your fins just fine ... if you can frog kick 'em, you can back kick 'em (it's just a reverse process).

Takes a bit of practice to get used to (we can practice together if you like) ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

I don't know when that can happen...our car broke down and it is in serious trouble anyway you are off to CA...and we are here without a diving vehicle!:depressed:

Have a good trip!

cheers

I don't know when that can happen...our car broke down and it is in serious trouble anyway you are off to CA...and we are here without a diving vehicle!:depressed:

and I have just had a wisdom tooth removed and guess what? The dentist told me that I cannot dive for at least a week:shakehead::depressed: and Sambolino44's dry suit dump valve is broken:shakehead:

In a funny way I am glad that everything has happened all at once!:wink:

Happy save diving to the folks who can dive!

Back
Top Bottom