Where did you solo dive today?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gulf side of Florida? That water color looks like Venice.
Yep, Gulf Coast in Santa Rosa sound near Pensacola.

I dove this area for over 30 years and never knew these guys existed. One day I was just mucking around and testing some gear when I saw my first one. Now I visit them pretty regularly.

Lake Zug. Visibility so-so, good from 20m onwards. Plenty of fish! Took the opportunity to take a selfie by placing the camera on a rock.

Attachments

• GX010338_1698678551879.jpg
    GX010338_1698678551879.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 42
Monday I dived Yellow Brick Road, my favoritest dive site here in S. Florida.

Stumpy I first photographed back in 2021. The peduncle was raw and fresh. Ouch was my first thought. Next dive, I saw the fish again, and then again. So I named him(?) Stumpy. And I shot him for over a year. Then nothing. No Stumpy. He has a little local following, and when people asked, I offered its a circle of life thing. I pretty much gave up hope. Yellow Brick Road with all its wonders, was still an awesome dive, yet every time I went there I looked for Stumpy.
Earlier this year I saw Stumpy! OH my gosh!!!!!! Stumpy is much bigger, bolder, and not as skittish! I've seen him 3 times now since August.
1.PA231387.jpg

Paw Paw Lake, Watervliet, MI -- Cold, crappy viz and so silty surprised fish will silt you out near the bottom. Why? No boats, easy shore access, easy parking. Nice pier to get kitted up on. Great for practicing skills and navigation. Diving this time of year is great. Cool air so you aren't a puddle of sweat once you jump in the water. Trying to get my skills back up to speed. 😂

I hate taking the winter off diving, but when the only way to get warm for 5 months is in a hot tub, it's just really hard to get in the water.

I hate taking the winter off diving, but when the only way to get warm for 5 months is in a hot tub, it's just really hard to get in the water.
Seaskin my friend. I do most of my diving in the winter because the vis is fantastic.

Seaskin my friend. I do most of my diving in the winter because the vis is fantastic.
On that note, when does the vis in the sound start to go to crap?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom