Where do you muck dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Indiedive.... I hope November is a good time! I plan to dive there for my first time after Thanksgiving. I'm really looking forward to it. Being a transplant from Minnesota myself, I'm hoping it will be splendid year round, (since I plan to call Florida home!). I'll post my observations after the dives. I am counting on tagging along with other divers initially, (hopefully), and after that I may go solo.

Force-E and Pura Vida both have guides, I believe.

It's an easy shore dive, though. You can just park, and get in the water. The only significant consideration is to dive only for approximately 1 hour surrounding slack tide. Preferably, high slack. Otherwise currents can ruin vis and be tough to deal with if you get anywhere near the channels. Use the NOAA tide table to find out when this is.

In November, you might have to wear a wetsuit at BHB. Check the water temps before you go.

If you want to do a night dive there, you have to dive with a dive center. There is an operator inside phil foster park named "Little Deeper Charters". I've been on their boat before, they run a good operation. I don't know if they guide shore dives or not.

Thanks for posting the Tide Table link. I just have a chance to go there in 2 weeks from today. 7:55am tide is not bad.

Back
Top Bottom