Where have they been spotted?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Have a look there. It's the webpage of an Italian diving agency for its 'ARO course'. ARO is basically a pure O2 rebreather. I'm sure you'll recognize something in the top picture.

:wink:

I was solid in the force fin camp. Used them for years. Went through three sets, Same problem with each set...every year to year and a half I would have to buy another set because a crack would develop in them just ahead of the toe. I was doing a lot of diving at the time as I was teaching and wearing them daily.
Note I tried three different sets....started with the original, then went with the pro and then the extra/accelerating one (unsure the name on that one...it was the longer one with the whiskers).

They were very comfortable to wear. I had no problem with accelerating with heavy gear. No problems with any of the kicks...some were a little more challenging than others but still doable. However, having to buy a new set every year or two got old.

I was solid in the force fin camp. Used them for years. Went through three sets, Same problem with each set...every year to year and a half I would have to buy another set because a crack would develop in them just ahead of the toe. I was doing a lot of diving at the time as I was teaching and wearing them daily.
Note I tried three different sets....started with the original, then went with the pro and then the extra/accelerating one (unsure the name on that one...it was the longer one with the whiskers).

They were very comfortable to wear. I had no problem with accelerating with heavy gear. No problems with any of the kicks...some were a little more challenging than others but still doable. However, having to buy a new set every year or two got old.
You are unique. Our return rate is .01%. The industry average is 6%. Your nice
20180926_111911.jpg
comments will surely help keep the doors open at Force Fins. Thank you. Bob Evans

You are unique. Our return rate is .01%. The industry average is 6%. Your nice View attachment 803918comments will surely help keep the doors open at Force Fins. Thank you. Bob Evans
Hi Bob:

Thanks for the feedback.
I loved Force Fins!!! I cannot say enough good about them. They are still a favorite to have on my feet. I helped make them popular in our small province back in the mid 90's early 2000s. I raved about them to my students. My father dove them, my girlfriend dove them, my entire dive team dove them.

The downfall for me was 3 sets over 6 years cracked. The first set I blamed it on the fact they were originals and maybe a stiffer fin would be better. The second set were the pros. It was frustrating but again I thought maybe I needed something more robust. I bought the accelerating fin....same outcome.

I was actually gutting my shed last week and tossed the pros and the accelerate models in the fall clean...now this conversation popped up, I wish they were still there as I would take a picture

I have 4 pairs. Over 1,000 dives on my Pros. I wish they would split or crack so I could justify buying another pair. But nada. Too damn reliable IMO.

Hi Bob:

Thanks for the feedback.
I loved Force Fins!!! I cannot say enough good about them. They are still a favorite to have on my feet. I helped make them popular in our small province back in the mid 90's early 2000s. I raved about them to my students. My father dove them, my girlfriend dove them, my entire dive team dove them.

The downfall for me was 3 sets over 6 years cracked. The first set I blamed it on the fact they were originals and maybe a stiffer fin would be better. The second set were the pros. It was frustrating but again I thought maybe I needed something more robust. I bought the accelerating fin....same outcome.

I was actually gutting my shed last week and tossed the pros and the accelerate models in the fall clean...now this conversation popped up, I wish they were still there as I would take a picture
Sounds like you LOVED my Force fin till death. You should be on our test team. Our production has been top notch and always wonder when I hear this news. Really makes me sad since we work so hard to keep wonderful customers like you going. Maybe you spend too much time underwater? I am jealous. Miss diving but living in Heaven working on our water project Tiabzu – Welcome Into the Water keeps Susanne and me going. Taking over the dock to start Marine projects. Ballard Locks Seattle.
thumbnail_dji_export_20230804_193008_1691202608990_sphere_screenshot.jpg

Sounds like you LOVED my Force fin till death. You should be on our test team. Our production has been top notch and always wonder when I hear this news. Really makes me sad since we work so hard to keep wonderful customers like you going. Maybe you spend too much time underwater? I am jealous. Miss diving but living in Heaven working on our water project Tiabzu – Welcome Into the Water keeps Susanne and me going. Taking over the dock to start Marine projects. Ballard Locks Seattle. View attachment 803937

Ya I did!! You need a test diver, I am in

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom